Page 149 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 3315

Thread: Pattern sharing depot

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Careful with his eyesight at his age he might read that as Redneck

Happy BDay buddy
    Thanks Badger!!! Just to let you know my 20/20 hind site works just fine!!

Here is another little quote for us old farts!!!

"Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
    - Jack Benny
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    my 20/20 hind site works just fine!!

"20/20 hind sight" lmao nice
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

Talking

Congrates fwharris,

Funny you mentioned his Name

All his life Jack Benny always insisted, He was only "39"

I'm with him -- next month I be ignoring the 27 anniversary
    of my "39th" birthday.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

4. Default

The big six oh,. Same age as me. Mine was back in January. I hope yours is as enjoyable as mine was.

Default The Bear Pattern

First off Happy Birthday “RingNeckBlues” I know your only 39 and a few months
    Cheers to FWHarris.

A couple pic’s of the carved fishing bear and the sitting fat and happy bear pattern, I think it is one of my better patterns, I am getting quite the library of pattern, parts that I add into sketching and some photo shop tweaking and painting and a bunch of hours and there you have it.
    The fishing carve is 10.700 X 6.300 at 5.500 depth 999 height 1/4 feather.
    Later ~ Ray, ver 1.150
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NB_FS00.jpg   NB_FS01.jpg   NB_FS02.jpg   NB_FS03.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files

Default Edge Material

Thank you for help on the lettering. I now understand regions. However, the more I read the more I become gun shy. I'm almost ready to carve when I discovered that I need to add 3/4 inch to the top of my carving. Not only the 3.5" to each side. This is per the April 08 Tips & Tricks. How come? In fact, the suggested jig shows another 3/4" to the bottom. That is an additional 1.5" to the overall width. (CW Tech Spec:the minimum width is 1.5" minus .75" equals .75" carveable). I've gotta be reading something wrong! I just don't want to throw a chunk a wood into the machine and hope for the best. I want to get it right. So excuse the dumb questions, I have more.
    Last edited by gomjabar; 07-21-2009 at 02:51 AM.

Default Rails

Quote Originally Posted by gomjabar View Post
    Thank you for help on the lettering. I know understand regions. However, the more I read the more I become gun shy. I'm almost ready to carve when I discovered that I need to add 3/4 inch to the top of my carving. Not only the 3.5" to each side. This is per the April 08 Tips & Tricks. How come? In fact, the suggested jig shows another 3/4" to the bottom. That is an additional 1.5" to the overall width. (CW Tech Spec:the minimum width is 1.5" minus .75" equals .75" carveable). I've gotta be reading something wrong! I just don't want to throw a chunk a wood into the machine and hope for the best. I want to get it right. So excuse the dumb questions, I have more.
    You must consider the "Rails" you will have remaining, for the "rollers to maintain compression. We would need to know more about your project, Perhaps seeing the MPC would help. Be aware that "Cut-outs" close to the edge of the board do not play well, and carves that run along the edge (or fully across the width) will cause the rollers to drop and abort or otherwise ruin your project.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    "20/20 hind sight" lmao nice
    Ok Badgerspellchecker you got me again!!!! Just to let you know I did fix what you caught on my web page...

Ken,

Does that put me 6 aniv. behind you?

Terry,

Sorry I missed yours! Mine was/has been a great day, thanks

Ray,

Thanks for posting the ptn and pictures. Great job on the photographic set up!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thank you for this wonerful work.
    In my mind, very original and fun to look at...

My nephew is a fishing a 'nut' and I will make this work for his fishing boat. I am sure he will enjoy it.. He has all sorts of carved fish and things he buys. Some of those carvings are VERY expensive. His wife just puts up with his fishing thing...

Now how to get a wooden panel from his boat (for sizing) while he is not looking? I'll contact his wife and I'll do it while he is working. He travels most of the week so I should be able to pull it off and still have time for the finish to cure and replace the existing panel with the carving.

He is a wonderful 'young whippersnapper' so I'm sure he will not be upset by me 'messin' with his boat. I will keep the original panel 'just in case'...

I'm carving a test in one inch thick walnut at the moment. I 'think' the panel I have in mind on his boat is walnut wood or at least looks like it. Although I am not sure of the thickness of the panel I will replace with the carving. Why I am making it one inch thick. I will do the carving just as if it were 3/4 inch thick wood and bandsaw off the back when I know how thick I need the final carving. I have a picture of a boat just like his and a neighbor has the same boat but a bit fancier that his.. I'll go knock on his door and see if he will allow me to measure things and maybe even remove the panel I have in mind...

Should work out, I hope.. Most folks are really much more than just nice if you 'ask' and give a reasonable answer as to 'why'. Never met the man in person but have waved to him several times as I drove by if he was in the front yard...

This may be FUN!
    Last edited by will george; 07-21-2009 at 09:24 AM.

Here is a simple name plate with overall board dimensions of 21.5" x 2.5" x 0.5". This falls well over the 1.5" minimum. With the 3.5" on each end it'll be beneath rollers at all times. And there is no cutout near the rail edge. In fact, theer cutouts at all. I still refer to the Apr 08 "Tips & Tricks" that indicates the example requires .75" both top and bottom. Because I have a 6" USAF emblem on a square 7" board. Is it going to require the additional 1.5"? Again no cutouts. Does the machine add the .75" to the project created in designer? Again the "Apr 08" would indicate it will. I'll forward the excerpt if you'd like. It raises more questions than it answers.Mark Murajyama.mpc

Page 149 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast