Page 1 of 332 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattern sharing depot

Default Pattern sharing depot

With the number of registerd users nearing 700 and posts nearing 5,000 it can be really difficult to search through everything to find a post where someone shared a pattern file (.ptn), doubly so if you are a new member. I thought it might be nice to have a single thread to act as a depot for the pattern files folks would like to share. If you are sharing a pattern here please make sure it is NOT a commercial pattern.

READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY:
    Pattern files have to be 'zipped' before being uploaded to the forum; which means you need to 'un-zip' the file after you download it. I borrowed the excellent picture that Jon Jantz (look just below here) posted the other day that shows how to add pattern files to your 'Favorites' folder in Designer. In words: Open Designer, click on the 'Shell' icon to open up the patterns, right click on "Favorites", click on "Import", navigate to where you saved you pattern.

I have a request, would someone mind writing up a short and simple, how to zip and unzip a file (PC and MAC) for those folks who may not know yet. I will write up a short how to on organizing the 'Favorites' folder and we can add them here as instructions for everyone.

It would be nice to have a picture to be displayed in the post for any patterns you are sharing. This makes it easier for all to see if it is something that they are interested in downloading.

PLEASE NOTE: Let's try to keep this thread only for pattern files. I will reguraly delete or move any other content.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails import_patterns_158.jpg  
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default Bark texture

I thought I would start things off with a pattern file of a bark texture. Enjoy...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails log_144.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default Last Supper PTN file

Here is a copy of the Last Supper PTN file that I showed a copy of under "How good is that probe? That good!!"

Enjoy and I hope that others will make this thread a popular and productive one for everyone.

Thanks Jeff_Birt for starting it.
    http://allcw.com/

Patterns reasonably priced at or below cost.

Carving in LA (Lower Alabama)

Here is a few of mine.

I would like to thank all of you, yes even you!!

I have found every one here to be selfless and very helpful I can only hope as time goes on that I can contribute to what I am sure will be a growing number of newbies as you have helped me.

in that spirit I have received help from Jon in designing this plaque that you all should feel free to use if you like it. I belong to a 8 ball pool league and I am going to present this to the comittee to see if they would consider buying some from me as awards for the tops in the league.

when looking at it imagine it hanging on the wall with the rack of balls on top and just below that a name plate of some sort.

I am sure you will get the idea.

Thanks again
    Tim

Default clock

I'll offer an MPC file like this which can be modified to your hearts content. Enjoy!
    http://www.carvewright.com/forum/vie...ighlight=clock
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Default Parrot from a scan

This is almost 1" deep so you'll need a thick piece of wood. New...A pic of it painted and sealed with 2 coats of Sherwin Williams exterior waterbased poly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot_03_250.jpg   dscn6407_165.jpg   housesign_211.jpg  
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Default Heart picture frame

This was my first scan. I did a cutout on the back for the glass etc, but won't include it w/ this. I think it's easier (for me) to rout the back with a Bosch Colt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot_04_117.jpg  

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Default Re: Pattern sharing depot

I got my machine the other day. The scanning probe came in today so I built a scanning sled. This is quite cool, the only thing missing was Majel Barrett saying "Initializing scan"

I built the sides 2¼" above the top of the sled. I discovered though if you want to scan within 1½" of either side of the sled the sides can't be more than about 1-5/8" tall or the wire on the probe hits. I am making another ½" board to screw on top of mine so I can scan closer to the edges.

Here's a molding I had laying around that I scanned. Took over 5 hours to scan.

The original size was 17.99" on the long side (don't know if that matters) and needs to be rotated 90° (not sure how to do that with the imported scan yet , all new to me.)

I have a few carvings that I have made (manually with a dremil type tool) that I plan to attempt to scan. The ones that will fit in the machine anyway.

Thanks ~Mike
    If at first you do succeed - try to hide your astonishment.

Default Pointing hand

I've used this several times on signs. Rotate to the direction you want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grill_184.jpg   hand.jpg  
    Last edited by pkunk; 04-27-2007 at 05:44 PM.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Page 1 of 332 1231151101 ... LastLast