Thread: Pattern sharing depot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Here is a few of mine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Cats Key Hanger

Good Day Every One,
    When going through the files yesterday I found this one almost done so I finished the Lay out and carved it, I used a scroll saw to cut out, Carve time was 1 ˝hr in some Oak I had, I used some walnut for the stand of from the wall to hang stuff more easily, and has one coat of amber shellac, 3 hours start to finish.
    Not sure how the tails will last and they need the bigger size rings or carabineers’.
    Sure was fun though being able to see a idea and make it happen, it would be fun to mount it to a picture with a window and the cats looking out.
    Thank You Ike, and Dan, all is great in the Hood some snow and I have to heat the shop a bit to carve but I still love it, Cheers to all of your great sharing - Way Cool!
    Ray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CatsKeyHanger00.JPG   CatsKeyHanger01.JPG   CatsKeyHanger02.JPG  

Thumbs up

Thanks Ray,

For the really cute Cat Key Hanger,
    One of our Neighbor's works at a veterinary office
    and often foster-mothers for the kittens that come in,
    and takes them home. It's not unusual to see 3, 4 or more
    sitting on the window seat for her front bay window watching the world go by.
    Come carving time I'm going to make sure she gets one
    of your Key Ring Holders for the nice work she does .
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Hi Ken,
    It is stories like yours that make it all worthwhile.
    I only have one cat but he is a 20lb tabby the wildlife in the neighborhood run when he’s around except this one buck they seem to be friends, go figure.

Ray,

We've had Cats with Kittens, Dogs of all sizes, Rabbits, Hamsters, Turtles,
    Tropical and Pond Fish, Parakeets and Cockatails, plus 3 kids.
    Now we've got 4 Grand kids and nest load of Miniature Fox Terriers that I call our Gang -- the Pups.

None of Pups weigh more than 12lb two years after this photo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Our Gang -- The pups.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by RayTrek View Post
    Good Day Every One,
    When going through the files yesterday I found this one almost done so I finished the Lay out and carved it, I used a scroll saw to cut out, Carve time was 1 ˝hr in some Oak I had, I used some walnut for the stand of from the wall to hang stuff more easily, and has one coat of amber shellac, 3 hours start to finish.
    Not sure how the tails will last and they need the bigger size rings or carabineers’.
    Sure was fun though being able to see a idea and make it happen, it would be fun to mount it to a picture with a window and the cats looking out.
    Thank You Ike, and Dan, all is great in the Hood some snow and I have to heat the shop a bit to carve but I still love it, Cheers to all of your great sharing - Way Cool!
    Ray
    Thanks Ray.. that is great

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

Ray,
    I really like this one and am seroiusly thinking about carving it for myself. I don't carve much anymore. I only scroll and carve when something is ordered and folks just are not ordering here lately...but this one crys out to be hung in my house. Thinking about putting some lettering on it so it could be stained then the lettering painted another color....maybe your kittys name...or like the one I'm attaching...just KITTY. Thank-you so much for all the wonderful patterns and a special thanks for this one.
    Lin

Default Cabin Switch Plate

Hello,
    Those are some good looking pups Ken.
    Thank you Robert, and thanks Lin, I love when you add to the design, great Idea! And I am proud you would want one hanging in your house, To Cool.
    This is scheduled to be carved today if other jobs do not interfere, will get back with you how it turns out.
    Cheers ~ Ray
    PS I will cut the outside edges with the band saw that is why the board is laid out the way it is, if you cut out with the CW you will need a carrier jig or widen the board in design, also it is a two side carve, and it is over sized from standerd.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CabinSWTogBearmpc.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by RayTrek View Post
    Hello,
    Those are some good looking pups Ken.
    Thank you Robert, and thanks Lin, I love when you add to the design, great Idea! And I am proud you would want one hanging in your house, To Cool.
    This is scheduled to be carved today if other jobs do not interfere, will get back with you how it turns out.
    Cheers ~ Ray
    PS I will cut the outside edges with the band saw that is why the board is laid out the way it is, if you cut out with the CW you will need a carrier jig or widen the board in design, also it is a two side carve, and it is over sized from standerd.
    This is another amazing design. Thanks again Ray

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

Default John 3-16 Heart

I have not carved this. I hoping to find someone that can make a carve region for the PTN file that will match up to this heart. I'm thinking a heart shape carve region would look much better than the rectangle carve region in my MPC file. I was leading towards maybe using some simple crosses on the outer part if a heart carve region could be done.
    Any ideas that could complement this PTN would be a welcome addition. The PTN was too large for the forums limits so you will have to pull it from this MPC.
    Lin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails John 3-16 Heart.jpg