Thread: jdpaint

Default jdpaint

Wish I understood Chinese or Russian. This looks like a really cool program..combo of zbrush with artcam/aspire all in one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA9Gh...eature=related

I found a demo copy, the software is in english but the manual is in chinese, too hard to figure out without manual. All videos etc are in either russian or chinese. I sent the company an e-mail for pricing and english manual.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

2. Default

That is pretty cool ....

3. Default

Ya, I watched the video and it looks pretty neat. Like page layout meets 3D or something. I like the way that the vector lines can be turned into a 3D like bumped up areas. Let us know if you find an English version.

Alan

Alan, the vector being bumped up as you said is what artcam and aspire can do. Just need a closed vector, and set the height, and a few other options and you get the rounded or flat shape from the vector. Michael uses Aspire so he will know the terminology better. Jdpaint also has zspheres, which is what Zbrush uses, which allows you to extend the initial sphere as you saw with the ears. Thus as John said it is a little of both artcam/aspire and zbrush.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

wish I could speak chinese..could understand the manual then
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

LOL John, maybe Alan's wife will translate for you. I also wanted to mention from other videos of jdpaint, it looks like it has nurbs modeling too, which is what rhino and moi3d uses.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

7. Default

Well my wife is actually from Taiwan with Chinese ancestory but doesn't read Chinese.

Alan

I got the google to translate the web site, maybe it will work on the manuel. Send me a page and I will try.

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Malmstrom View Post
    Well my wife is actually from Taiwan with Chinese ancestry but doesn't read Chinese.

Alan
    Visited Taiwan twice in 77, wonderful place, really enjoyed it... Great People. Was on the way for a 3rd visit when it was closed to the Navy.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com