Thread: gui.exe not working

Default gui.exe not working

When I try to download my scan all I get is gui.exe not working? Any suggestions

Thanks, Lonewolf

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    When I try to download my scan all I get is gui.exe not working? Any suggestions

Thanks, Lonewolf
    I presume that you have the probe and that you loaded the license for the probe. When you open designer and begin the scan download, do you highlight the identifier (listing) for the scan, prior to clicking the DOWNLOAD button at the bottom of that screen?
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Did all that and same response, do not understand as I have downloades other ok scans?

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Did all that and same response, do not understand as I have downloades other ok scans?
    How long did the scan take? Can you see how large the file is in the card, as you try the download?
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Try turning off the PC, for a few minutes (let it rest). Turn it back on and check again.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

could this be the same issue as mine that the Fav file is too big since it is trying to download I wonder if it sees the file as to big or like mine many fave folders

When I go to import the scan, I select it within the window and it says file size is 425K, and status is Complete. As soon as I choose the file, I am getting the gui.exe error. I have had success in loading a previous scan, just having troubles with this one. Is it possible that the file of the scan got corrupted somewhere along the way? Or maybe something got corrupt within the CarveWright Program itself?

Also, I am running Windows Vista - are there any known issues with this operating system and CarveWright, or possibly work-arounds for this issue?

Thanks!

try to load any other old scan or reload it see if it will take it .if it will then something is a muck with the one that will not download. if the new scan causes the same problem then find you Fav folder in your CW file and make sure there is not more than one. If there are more than one see how many megs they are My was all the same size. ypu than have to decide which one is the real fav and make sure you dont delete it. then rename or move any others to another place you can find

if you have to just make a new 1 x 1 scan of noting anf see if it happens the same