Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Default What am I doing wrong?

Hi. Just got Conforming Vectors because I wanted to put a name in a carved region. I absolutely did check the 'conform' box on the name. But instead of carving down into the region into the wood, the machine is air carving over it as if the wood is still 3/4" high in that area. Hope this makes sense and any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Can you send the MPC file

Leo

I would run the project again and watch the bit touch of the bit plate. A V bit normally shorter than the normal bits can stop short of the bit plate due to sawdust on the rails or belt cogs... So before you get too excited that you did it wrong, run the project again....

Do you need to select the pattern in the carve region AND Text with the selection of conforming vectors to make it work?.... I have it but have not used it in a while...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I would run the project again and watch the bit touch of the bit plate. A V bit normally shorter than the normal bits can stop short of the bit plate due to sawdust on the rails or belt cogs... So before you get too excited that you did it wrong, run the project again....

Do you need to select the pattern in the carve region AND Text with the selection of conforming vectors to make it work?.... I have it but have not used it in a while...

AL
    It could be any number of things, that's the reason I suggested attaching the MPC. It's my starting point.

Al,
    No, you do not highlight any other item when activating Conforming Vectors. Just higlilght the text or vector you wish to apply the function
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default Well....

Thank you guys. I've been in the shop. Before I sent anything on and took up your time, I decided to tried it again. This time it mostly worked. Only an initial lower on the pattern didn't work, so it must be something in the way I designed it. I have to make another one like it with different names. If it doesn't work I'll be back, send it on and see if you can see what I'm doing. Thank you so much for your time on a Friday night.

Default Conforming Vectors Problem

While we are waiting on the MPC to be attached, I'll speculate on a possible answer to the Conforming Vector (CV) application not doing what is expected. CV only works when applied to a raster carved area. This may be a pattern or a carve region. It (CV) is not applied to Drilled or other vector cuts, including vector pockets and other Centerline text.

I recently made a Zipped AVI lesson on this subject which is linked here.
    http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-...%20Vectors.zip
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default That's it

I bet that's it! I had taken the pattern into Corel and turned it into a vector. But I have the identical design that is not a vector graphic. I must have switched them up. That's why I could get it to work once. Thanks again everyone, sorry to bother and I'm off to watch your tutorial, Bud.

I just tried it out, and a DXF import allows for centerline text/conforming vectors. It is working for me, but maybe that is just DXF imports.
    Lawrence

Default Try, try again

I'm going to run everything again today and see what happens. I'll also try a DXF and see if that works. Will report back.