Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: FREE grayscale depthmap .jpg

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Nathan her is the current location, just checked and it still owrked.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3v...140r/nipic.zip
    Thank you SO MUCH.

At the time of writing, I wasn't aware that I had grabbed this package some time back. I LOVED what was in it (a good deal of it, anyway), but had suffered a situation where I was forced to format my computer - which, consequently, erased these files also. I could not remember where I'd gotten them from, but I NOW have them back again. I appreciate you.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

2. Default

Good day everyone,

Quick question. I imported one of these into PE and then saved it to my library and then created my project and it all looked just fine all the details raised etc. When I went to carve it, it carved inverse all the raised area was not raised in the cutting. I went back to the computer and then inverted the image (now everything is sunken in the project, but this cut raised as I expected the original try to cut. What am I doing wrong here?
    Thanks Mike

I have never seen the machine carve the invert of what is on the Designer board. It is pretty good WYSIWYG. Are you sure you were not tricked by the lighting? Maybe you uploaded when it was inverted?

I would advise you to check carefully and try it again. If it does it again, post the mpc so we can try.

4. Default

I went back to both .MPC files and belive it was the lighting that messed with my mind. What is the best setting or position to set the lighting at. Don't want to keep making the same mistake. I move the lighting to the top on the one that cut inverted and magically it recessed.

Thanks
    Mike

I always give the board a tilt and see it from the side. Lighting for me is always top left I think.

6. Default

Thanks for your help much appreciated

Tried to download but no luck. Does anyone have a current link for this? Thank you.

RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks, Floyd.

10. Default

Hello everyone! Merry Xmas and Happy new year.
    I have been away from this forum a long time, and I'm pleasantly surprised the this particular thread is still alive. Keep it going guys!
    I'm sorry to say that since my last project (the Phoenix & Dragon headboard) I haven't used my modified carvewright machine, nor my homemade CNC router. I simply have lost interest in carving. That's just how my brain is wired, I will take a hobby up, get good at it, then move on to something else.
    So I just wanted to say farewell to everyone here and to one of the best forum in the universe.
    I will be dropping by from time to time to see what's up
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast