Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I AM LEAVING THIS FORUM !! :)

Default I AM LEAVING THIS FORUM !! :)

Yes, I will be departing from this forum... well at least for several hours. I just picked up my machine tonight and am looking forward to getting a real feel for the machine. Glanced over the manual (again) and came back to check again what the different firmware responses can be so I can check when it comes up to see if it needs updating. And baring any problems that end my joy early tonight, I will be back in the morning (possibly without any sleep) to post my first project. See ya'll later

Heh, the fun begins.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

I picked mine up this evening (or tried to it heavy). I'm still doing a QC check before it power it up fully. It came with Firmware 1.113 and I've registered and updated to 1.115. I over wrote the demo software and updated it and did not seem to lose anything even my favorites. I still have to check the screws and alignments. The Head is a little tight on the rise but smooth. The flex cable seemed a little dry, at least no film on my fingers when I inspected it. It got a cute little QC sticker next to the bar code and the system clock reports 20 minutes of run time. I don't plan on losing any sleep, just gonna take my time an fire it up slowly. The overall construction is not bad for a home hobby wood carver about the same a my planer but just cost four times as much.

I just picked mine up tonight also and hope to get home from work tomarrow night in time to cut a small project. Loaded some on the memory card ready to go.
    You guys that have had yours awhile what would be a good pre startup check list.
    The bits that came with it are allready mounted in the holders and checking with wrench seem tight. James

The Bard Guest

*edited for updated technique*

if it feels tighter coming up or going down, the guide poles might be slightly off.

First place the machine on its back (where the vaccuum bag would be) and remove the 12 screws of the bottom panel.

then simply crank the head all the way down and (with a 10mm socket) loosen the four bolts in the side panels. Just loosen, not remove.

Next you slide the machine till the side is hanging over the edge a little. Reach up underneath and loosen the sister bolts to those on top. Do this for both sides. After that Then crank the head up about halfway and it will reset the guide poles. Then tighten the four bolts (do all of one side at a time, not top/bottom, but left/right). Not too tight, just hand-tight. It should be smooth after that.

We're using a teflon based spray to lubricate the guide poles. Don't spray directly on them, though. Spray a little on a towel and wipe them down. I use white lithium grease on the large screw shafts though.

Of course, I'm not an expert.

Thanks Bard I give that a try tonight after I pick up some lubes, I think I'll check at NAPA after I stop off at Starbucks. Your response was around 10 at night, do you get to log your time or you just that dedicated?
    Thanks again I look forward to more words of wisdom.

i got mine yesterday as well .

i didn't have time to do anything except read the manual again. i am going to call in sick today and spend some quality time with my new toy.
    if you don't expect too much from me, you won't be let down.

The Bard Guest

I'm just that dedicated hehe...

I actually didn't leave until 8:15 that night. At home I generally check for posts here also. To me, there's no time limit on information when ya'll paid for a machine you need help with.

but of course, I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bard
    but of course, I'm an idiot.

No just dedicated -- and trust me we all appreciate that dedication!!!

From all of us with and without machines --- Thank you!
    (singing off key) ... a carving we will go, a carving we will go ....

The Bard Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast