Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuck in Z axis stall

DANGER !!!!! Make sure if you order a FFC CABLE that you KNOW if you have the old 18 pin system OR the new 14 pin system. They only sell the new 14 pin FFC cable. IF you plug a 14 pin cable into a old 18 pin Circuit Board the wider pins of the 14 pin will short out the 18 pin jack. The result will cost you a New Computer, New Power Supply and some Boards.....

LHR should ASK before you buy...

I only bring this up because older systems are showing up... And some don't know the danger....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I counted the pins ... I have the 14 pin .... I am hoping that fixes it... cause I just got into lithographs and want to make more!

Hi a quick update to my problem... changed the FCC cable.. seemed to work until it just started to carve... Z axis stall. So I called Carvewright who seem to really know me now! Always very friendly and helpful! So I needed a Z axis motor.. got it installed and what do you know it worked! I ran 3 nice lithos..then I got ... clean the y axis rails... ok.. cleaned and it worked fine for the next part of the litho ... until the motor seemed to speed up .. then slow down and stop.. y axis stall.. cleaned the rails again.. ran the tests for the x y z and cut motors.. seemed fine.. started another project and it seemed to sound a litte "funny" kind of laboring I think on the y axis.. but it turned out my best litho ever! Havent turned it on again... but I plan on cleaning the machine very well and checking it all out... any thoughts would be appreciated! thanks for listening!

Carving Corian or acrylic material requires more attention to your clean up detail after each carve, as you have probably noticed! The dust/chips will compact and stick to the Y and Z rails and bearings plus get imbedded into the groves of the belts. Just wiping down and blowing the machine out with the compressor will not remove them. I've had to use a small pick and steal wool to get them removed from the rails, bearing faces and belts. Removing the top cover to do this would be a good idea so you can see and get to all of the areas.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thank you FW.. The corian turns into a talcum like powder and gets everywhere... I certainly will try that.. thanks so much I love this forum!

so why would my cut motor sound like its speeding up then slowing down... then in the middle of a project it slowed down and stopped altogether... tested the cut motor .. says its running but it isnt... do I now need a cut motor or does anybody think its a bad connection or broken wire someplace??? thanks for anybodys input in advance!

Read the thread on 250 hr maintenance thread - http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ht=maintenance

Good chance that you have dust particles, wood or corian/acrylic, in the motor and it might be blocking the brushes from making good contact. Also if you have 250 hours on your machine you might need to replace the brushes. As you know the corian/acrylic dust gets and sticks everywhere.

Digitalwoodshop posted some pictures there of the A/C motor opened up showing how the dust builds up

Does anybody know if you can buy the brushes for the cut motor at lowes? I noticed you can buy some things there, but I swore off lowes years ago because of a very bad customer service problem.. but I am willing to try them again if I dont have to wait for them to come from LHR. Thanks, again...BTW I love the forum.. one of my favorite sites that I check a few times a day!

were are you located might be able to help
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Ask Bud had some for sale too.....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast