Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luck O' The Iris

Default Luck O' The Iris

I found this design on another forum. It wasn't originally designed for CarveWright, but I made lots of modifications...had to change some hole widths, and adjust some sizes...but it looks like it's going to work! I'm carving version 2 right now, but version 1 turned out nice....but I don't think version 1 would function properly due to some inaccuracies...but version 2 looks promising! This was brought in via the DXF importer..that's where I made some changes, and then the rest in Designer. I am very impressed at how well CarveWright handled those little 3/4" gears...

Quote Originally Posted by Dhaffner View Post
    I found this design on another forum. It wasn't originally designed for CarveWright, but I made lots of modifications...had to change some hole widths, and adjust some sizes...but it looks like it's going to work! I'm carving version 2 right now, but version 1 turned out nice....but I don't think version 1 would function properly due to some inaccuracies...but version 2 looks promising! This was brought in via the DXF importer..that's where I made some changes, and then the rest in Designer. I am very impressed at how well CarveWright handled those little 3/4" gears...

That's really cool, Doug. I saw (and played with) the original brass version at an Aspire conference awhile back. It's really a fun piece. Glad to see you're making it on the CarveWright!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Very impressive. Would love to see the 2nd version when complete.

Now that's what I'm talkin bout - milling. Very cool.

I hate to sound stupid , but what is it?
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Not a stupid question at all...it's a mechanical "iris" similar to the one on a camera shutter.
    It would be a great "porthole" on a door to see who's on the other side....with
    a steampunk flair.

Here is version 2...got it all put together and it works pretty well. I think it could use a little wax
    and some more sanding just to smooth out the action, but I'm really happy with it.

7. Default

As usual from you, very impressive.

Another mighty fine project Doug! I am only guessing but I bet this only part of more to come with this!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Very unique Doug as always. Can't wait to see it complete. So much detail.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

I work with some high-end photographers, who would love that piece!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast