Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RingNeckBlues DC-INSERT video

Default RingNeckBlues DC-INSERT video

For those who have not seen a video of the DC-INSERT in action. This was recorded and posted by PCW a couple of years ago showing the original top hook up version with the Rock Chuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3eqfN4YIMrk

RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

That sure does do a terrific job!! Almost totally "dust free"! Excellent.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    That sure does do a terrific job!! Almost totally "dust free"! Excellent.
    Thanks Michael and yes it is. Even better with the side hook up version.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I like how the video shows how the rogue chips have their directions reversed and get sucked up by the large air flow. Someone should post a video of your latest model. Pictures of the machine state after a carve would also be nice.

Great video Floyd. You might also want to add a description to your Youtube video. That way if someone is searching for CarveWright / CompuCarve or Dust Collection, they will pull up your video. Make sure you use as many keywords in your description as you can. Where to order, etc.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Great video Floyd. You might also want to add a description to your Youtube video. That way if someone is searching for CarveWright / CompuCarve or Dust Collection, they will pull up your video. Make sure you use as many keywords in your description as you can. Where to order, etc.
    Just got an IM from Dan (PCW) and he updated the video with tags. Thanks Dan!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I like how the video shows how the rogue chips have their directions reversed and get sucked up by the large air flow. Someone should post a video of your latest model. Pictures of the machine state after a carve would also be nice.
    I will see if I can get one with the side hook up. That will be going into uncharted territory for me, will see what I can do with my smart phone.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

I agree with Michael 100% it does a Terrific Job.

Great to see the video.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

9. Default

That is a great video and I just wanted to add ... I love my DC from Floyd and I'll tell you why.

The number one and most important reason is machine maintenance ... I believe that having the DC has reduced my accordance of stalls, clean up time (I'm not stopping the machine to vacuum it out), wear on bits and moving parts (things aren't covered in dust) and it has given me the freedom to experiment with other materials that I may have not used. (I don't worry about the chips sticking in the rollers and all over inside the machine).

I also wonder if the DC doesn't help the machine run a little cooler as well ... at 650cfm+ it seems to cause enough airflow through the vents in the back of the machine and anywhere else there is a hole that it is "cooling" the machine ... any input on this would be appreciated.

I can go all the way back to writing the January 2009 Tips and Tricks on lithopanes and remember Michael Tyler asking me "well how often do you stop your machine and vacuum it out when your making one (lithopane) ... " my response was "I don't because I have Floyd's DC .... "

Jason,

Thanks for the great post on the added benefits of having a good dust collection system.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast