Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Items for Pheasants Forever Banquet auction

Floyd, it looks like the new 1/32 bit does a great job on the lithophanes.... guess I'll soon be sending an order to LHR for one. Plus, you chose a great subject matter for the demonstration subject. Looks like a fun group to be around.

Thought I should show my lighting set up. I lined the inside with metal foil tape for reflection.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo337.jpg   Photo338.jpg  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

So, how do you rate the new 1/32 carving bit? Did you do as you would have with the 1/16 carving bit or did you go shallower and slower?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    So, how do you rate the new 1/32 carving bit? Did you do as you would have with the 1/16 carving bit or did you go shallower and slower?

I thought it did very well but did notice very thin lines (see upper corners). I went with the normal .180 depth setting and optimal carve quality. I probably could of gone a bit shallower on this image as I do see some small distortion in the faces. Not sure if it was the depth or just photo glare.

Not sure if it is in the programing for this bit but did notice it did about 4 air passes before actually going into the surface.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Great item for the fundraiser! Very clever design for the frame with the shotguns. Thanks for sharing details on box lighting.

dbemus

Great work Floyd, thanks for sharing. Where do you get your lighting?

Very nice Floyd, I bet it goes over great.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1 View Post
    Great work Floyd, thanks for sharing. Where do you get your lighting?
    I bought a roll of LED lights and a dozen power supplies/transformers off of Ebay a couple of years ago. The battery holders I bought at Radio shack.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Great design Floyd. Like the shotguns.

Finally got together with one of the winners from the auction to set up their design. The photo is from their trip to Mexico. It is actually 2 photos. One from last year and their trip this spring. They wanted to get all of the family members into one photo. I cropped out their son and daughter in law from the trip last year and put them into this years trip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo377.jpg   Photo375.jpg   Photo378.jpg   Photo372.jpg  

Photo373.jpg  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast