Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My updated website

1. Default My updated website

Even though I wasn't finished building it, I got tired of the old "Unique Gifts" website. It was extremely hard to update. So I build a new, better, more functional, easy to use and better looking site (at least I think). In keeping with my long standing tradition, it isn't finished yet. Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://uniquegiftsofwood.com

thanks.

Nice and clean I like it
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

I second what John said, Terry it's a keeper...
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Looks nice, but how is security handled? Never could find any indication of a secure server being used for creating an account, logging in, or in the checkout process (although I didn't attempt to complete a full checkout). What benefit do you get by pasting the user's IP number on the bottom of each page? Just a couple of things I noticed on a really quick glance.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mathman View Post
    how is security handled?
    On checkout the customer is passed to the secure server (Paypal IPN). Paypal handles all the payment info then re-directs the customer back to the site after payment completion.
    Last edited by TerryT; 03-12-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Nice looking website. I too use Zencart for a couple of sites I have. Lots of support and I think they have a addon for anything you could ever want.

Nice job!
    Custom Wood Pedestals & Plaques For Taxidermists
    www.RoostinRidge.com

7. Default

It looks really nice, If you don't mind me asking are you getting sales from the site, or is this a good place to send people to see your work but the sales are made in person?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    On checkout the customer is passed to the secure server (Paypal IPN). Paypal handles all the payment info then re-directs the customer back to the site after payment completion.
    That sounds great - but what about signing into the site? If that's not done over a secure server the password is generally considered to be compromised which has the potential of compromising stored user data.

David

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gregsolano View Post
    It looks really nice, If you don't mind me asking are you getting sales from the site, or is this a good place to send people to see your work but the sales are made in person?
    Both, we get orders from all over. Just got one from Alaska in fact. But it does also work to send customers to so they can see what we have. When we do craft fairs, etc, we can't keep a lot of stuff with us. I tell quite a few folks to go to both our sites and look around.
    Last edited by TerryT; 03-13-2012 at 07:12 AM.

10. Default

I use it for both of our sites. Once setup it is very easy to add or delete products and maintain the site.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast