Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 57 Chevy

that is perfect information-- if you'd like I can try to do a 57 belair- just pick one of these and tell me the view you'd like
    http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...=t&btnG=Search

Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    that is perfect information-- if you'd like I can try to do a 57 belair- just pick one of these and tell me the view you'd like
    http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...=t&btnG=Search

Lawrence
    Thank you Lawrence, I looked at the link and I see there must be a difference between a regular 57 and the Bel Air. The first one one looks great, but if you don't mind making a Bel Air I like this one that is a hard top http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...62&prevstart=0 If that one is not an easy pattern to make I like this one too. http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...06&prevstart=0

What software are you using to make these great patterns? I am not sure how I can repay you, but when I can I will!

Rick

Ike, that first one is pretty thrashed... (broken pixels) but here's what I managed to get
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chevy.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

The second is a bit better of a file, but it could still use some tweaking-- but here's a start.

To get these- I find them on the sketchup warehouse, export them as a collada file (3d), import with meshlab (a free program) and use it to fix any broken parts and then export it as an STL. From there I import it with the carvewright STL importer (an invaluable tool for making these) and slice it and then save it as a pattern. I then use the pattern editor to clean up any loose pixels (when I'm not in a hurry) and de-noise. It took some learning, but I can make a clean sketchup file into a pattern in a few minutes. However, because they are someone else's work, I of course wouldn't sell them... unless I changed the pattern enough that it is "mine"-- but for most of these, that isn't the case.

Anyway, I'm just glad I can help,
    Lawrence
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fresh.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lawrence; 03-08-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Thank you so much again! I would love to try and buy the STL software, but not in the budget at this time! Thank you for taking the time to make these patterns.

Rick

No problem Rick-- I'm glad I could help

Lawrence

I have learned a bunch on the 57 Chevy! What I discovered I really like to have a 1957 Chevy 150 hard top. It looks like it is a shorter more sporty model. If possible because my uncle has a 59 GMC pick up a 57-59 GMC or Chevy pick up. !

Lawrence I really appreciate you making the other patterns. But he wants a hard top so I should probably not put a convertible on his sign. Plus a pick up would be nice. If not I will figure something out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 57 chevy 150.jpg  
    Last edited by Ike; 03-11-2012 at 06:00 PM.

I totally understand your wanting to get it right-- perhaps you can find a model somewhere and scan them with the probe? It doesn't appear that the stock 3d models have been created yet.

Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    I totally understand your wanting to get it right-- perhaps you can find a model somewhere and scan them with the probe? It doesn't appear that the stock 3d models have been created yet.

Lawrence
    Thanks for looking and helping. Guess nobody else has a pattern?

On that note,
    I am taking a break for? long and wanted to say goodbye and thank you for the support from my friends. I realize I have become more a nuisance then any help and it has been reflected by the lack of responses to my posts. Things are not getting better so need to depress others with my problems. I apologize I have expressed my troubles and have nothing really positive to post.

Thanks again,

Ike

Ike, have to give us time. PM me if this is what you are looking for. I created this one last night and today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 57 chevy2-ptn.jpg   57 chevy1-ptn.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast