Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Ebay sales of others patterns hurt this forum?

Default Does Ebay sales of others patterns hurt this forum?

I received the comment below from sfsales2000 where they feel that using other peoples paterns in there disk is not hurting this forum. And no one is changing how much they help or post. Please respond on how you feel. I have seen reduced postings of patterns and I attribute it to these sales. Some have removed all there past posts. If these were your own design I would back you 100% on selling your own item is fine. But sfsales2000 has not made that claim at all.

"Many of my patterns have been distributed through out the internet by others. I also have found the forum helpful and have seen no decrease in forum members helping each other, I often give many of my patterns away to someone who needs one. Many many members also make more money selling their patterns on the internet and through the forum then they do selling items they make with their carvewright.

- sfsales2000"

I don't know if it hurts this forum or not. I do feel however that people selling others peoples patterns are the sleaziest of people. They are nothing more than common thieves! When someone creates a pattern it is technically copy-written. These sleazeballs steal the work to line their own products.

It sure has hurt the forum!!! Many people (including myself) have stopped posting their free patterns here because of this very same issue. In the good old days I would give a WAG there were probably 20 to 50 patterns posted in one day. Not even close to that now days...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

This might be a good time to advertise that using the PatternDepot to sell your patterns is a SECURE method (possibly the ONLY secure store) due to the licensing of the patterns. No one can STEAL them.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    This might be a good time to advertise that using the PatternDepot to sell your patterns is a SECURE method (possibly the ONLY secure store) due to the licensing of the patterns. No one can STEAL them.
    True the Pattern Depot is a very secure method for selling ones patterns.

I believe this post was in reference for the pattern sharing section on the forum and it has taken a big hit from what it used to be...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If I freely post a pattern, why should I care if someone else compiles and sells it? I suppose I would be upset if a lot of money was being made, but, if the person is only getting paid for his time, maybe it is just a service. Maybe I should feel honored that my patterns were worth stealing!

In any case, I do not think that we should change our ways due to these few "cheaters". I think the sharing generosity of the forum members is an important resource which, not only keeps the forum going, but helps LHR sell machines. It bothers me when a few ruin it for the many. We can, however, choose not to let it happen by simply not reacting. Come on guys, continue as usual to throw your free patterns into the winds of the web.

Sfsales2000, and the other 2 seller on ebay, are directly responsible for the lack of good shared patterns here on the forum. I do not share patterns here anymore. If someone request a pattern and I want to make it for them, I request they contact me, and I email it to them (no one other than the requester gets the pattern).

As for not seeing a decrease in helping others, this is true, we are a community, and helping others is what we do. We will continue to help others. Making patterns for others, well that has almost stopped due to ebay sellers.

Now for making more money selling patterns, that is not true. And the post was in reference to SHARED pattern, not patterns for sale here or elsewhere.

Sfsales2000 and the other 2 sellers are scum, they want to profit off others hard work. Those that make patterns have a large investment in software, and time to learn how to make the patterns, and I for one will not openly share my patterns because of the ebay seller.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Bergerud, have you looked at sfsales2000, sales of patterns? He has made 252 sales at 25 to 35 each for the CD. Mind you not all will be the patterns, but most of the feedback is for the CD of patterns.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Who sets the prices on the LHR store? Is there a minimum?
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Quote Originally Posted by jaroot View Post
    Who sets the prices on the LHR store? Is there a minimum?
    The pattern maker/seller sets the price and I believe minimum price per pattern is $5.00.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast