I should have clarified website graphics
    here is a list from there website
    3D Composition (Z-merge) - Animated Special Effects
    Object Extraction Wizard - Layer Masks
    Text Text Deform - Wrap Text to Path
    3D Text - Stroke
    Vector Graphics Create and Edit Polygons - Stroke
    3D Shapes - Multiple Node Editing
    Imported some of graphics and it seemed to work well. Being unfamilar with Corel I wasn't sure what features I'm missing. I thought if someone was on a buget like me (wife) this would help. Here was one of my first test projects but with the bit wobble eveything was chipped out.

HerbO
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by BobHill
    Aaron,

Thanks for reminding me. I KNEW there was something I said I would, but hadn't done yet. I sincerly apologize and will work on a PDF with Xara right now. Sorry,

Herb,

Web sites are usually done in raster initally (I use DreamWeaver myself for that). CorelDraw and Xara are vector graphics ( www.coreldraw.com and www.xara.com)

Bob
    No problem and no real hurry, I still have 6 days left on my trial. Thanks for doing it though.

Default CorelDraw X3 Suite on E-Bay

After reading the posts and exchanging some very informative PM's with Roger (rgant05) regarding his past experiences and things to think about and check out I went to E-Bay. I found CorelDraw X3 without any manuals and questionable registration forms runs from $99 to $149. CorelDraw X3 "new" in the box with all the manuals and registration information was $199. (About half the selling price that CorelDraw has at their CorelDraw website) It appears that the extra money to get the manuals, be able to register it, and get any upgrades along with whatever customer support comes with it is well worth spending.

Default Corel & Xara

I have Corel X3 on order but have loaded the trial verson of Xara. I appear to be graphically challanged. I can't figure out how to apply the grayscale gradients to a figure.

I'm sure it is a very simple process, but I could use some help.

Also, the new ALL CW.com site looks like it is going to be GREAT! Love the first video tutorial.

Default Re: Corel & Xara

Quote Originally Posted by jdrof
    Also, the new ALL CW.com site looks like it is going to be GREAT! Love the first video tutorial.
    OH NO! another website just kidding guys. I have been reading this site daily b4 firing up my machine and another site is a blessing. Just hope I dont get fired for all the time I spend trying to keep up with such an active forum.
    Why don't they ever clear a neighborhood to plant a forest instead of the other way around.

Here is a great Logo that Earl ("egamage") sent in and it's conversion to vector (CorelDraw) and then into Designer for carving (although it hasn't been carved, so corrections haven't been made for improper curves).

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails view_from_designer_edited_1_142.jpg   iron_horse_view_as_vector_212.jpg   bigtire_ihlogo_jpeg1_155.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12