Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing CorelDraw or Xara

Default Purchasing CorelDraw or Xara

The machine I ordered a week ago came in today. I went and picked it up and since I was in the BIG City which is 60 miles for me to get to I decided to stop and check out software. I went to all the major stores that I knew handled any amount of software (Best Buy, Office Max, Office Depot, Staples). None of them sold CorelDraw in any version and none of them could find any option to special order this software. Can anyone recommend an on line site that you use to order your software or what store do you find it in. Thanks for any info you can give me. (PS. I've NEVER ordered anything on line so this could be a whole new experience for me)

2. Default

Try Amazon.com the have the student and teachers version for 79.99.
    Do a search on amazon for Coreldraw X3.

You might also try ebay. I am a little bit biased as I make a lot of money on ebay selling my excess property and collections I have had for years, but I get some pretty good deals there. Just, like always try to pick a good vendor with a favorable reputation. I am about to buy Corel X3 and will most likely buy it there. BTW, otherwise I would buy at Amazon. Does the Student version have a time limit or reduced features???

Chipper - re online purchasing being a new experience.
    As a simple(?) way of avoiding a lot of the security horror stories we hear of having your details stolen, we set up a separate card account just for online purchases. It enables us to transfer funds to it just before the purchase, so there is never more than a £ or so in it.
    Regards
    John

5. Default

I have not found any features that are disabled yet, but I am just learning to use it. The box says "Not for commercial use".

Chipper, if you have never used CorelDraw b/4, you may want to download a free fully functional 15 day trial version directly from http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...elCom%2FLayout

Compare prices on eBay. But be aware that virtually all of the lower priced items on eBay are disc only - IOW, no manual included. So figure on spending an extra few $ for a manual if you feel you need one. Even so, eBay would seem the way to go. Just make sure the seller clearly states that you will be able to register your copy.

Pete
    Boldly Going Nowhere

Also if you can't REGISTER the software you purchase from places like ebay or claims for real cheap prices OnLine, YOU ARE BUYING PIRATED MATERIAL. Not a good thing.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BobHill
    Also if you can't REGISTER the software you purchase from places like ebay or claims for real cheap prices OnLine, YOU ARE BUYING PIRATED MATERIAL. Not a good thing.

Bob
    Hey Bob, were you ever able to do that Xara tutorial? Thanks

Default Photo Impact

I used Photo Impact for years designing websites.
    I never used Corel but I am assuming they have alot of same features.
    Of couse you know what assume means
    I have version 4 which they are up to 12 now.
    I checked on www.ulead.com and the new version is $90
    It does a great job on 3d text and has a feature to do 3d shapes.
    Anyone that uses Corel can check the website out and let us know
    what features that we would miss using the CW.
    HerbO

Aaron,

Thanks for reminding me. I KNEW there was something I said I would, but hadn't done yet. I sincerly apologize and will work on a PDF with Xara right now. Sorry,

Herb,

Web sites are usually done in raster initally (I use DreamWeaver myself for that). CorelDraw and Xara are vector graphics ( www.coreldraw.com and www.xara.com)

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast