Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Industria Synchroon - Project of the Month MARCH 2012

i want !!!!

Good looking project Michael
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Great project! Now if I can ever get my machine back from Sears...3 months and waiting
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk View Post
    Great project! Now if I can ever get my machine back from Sears...3 months and waiting
    Three months is way too long. When have you last asked for the status?
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk View Post
    Thanks, Jim (and everyone else!).

Jim, I hope your machine returns in good order soon. Always worries me when folks let Sears work on a machine. Last I knew, only 2 people were trained on it, and at just one location... the Garland, TX Sears Service Center. Might want to follow-up on it and make sure it went to the right place. I agree with Bud...way too long to be gone...3 weeks would be pushing it...3 months sounds really excessive to me.

Ok, back on track...I've been having FUN the past couple days with applying the metallic Sculpt Nouveau coatings. Humid here, so having to wait a bit longer between coats/procedures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Panel_Brass_2.jpg   Panel_Brass_1.jpg   Handle-Arms-Copper-stippling.jpg   Handle-Arms_Brass-and-Copper.jpg  

Gear_Silver_1.jpg  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

paint scheme looks pretty cool.... can't wait to see it finished...

Quote Originally Posted by rickyz View Post
    paint scheme looks pretty cool.... can't wait to see it finished...
    Thanks, Ricky. So far, I've applied Sculpt Nouveau Brass B, Silver B and Copper B metallic paints. They have "B" and "C" formulas...the C formula has 600% more metal than the B formula and can be buffed, polished and handled just like real metal. I really like the C formula, but chose B because it's a little more economical and doesn't require the extra buffing/polishing to bring out the metallic sheen. Thinking using the "B" would be easier for "first time" users, if anyone wants to have as much fun with this stuff as I am! The "B" formula works great, and I like it very much, too. (see photos below of a project I did under contract with another company recently using the Silver B and a black wax)

I am very tempted to apply the Silver C formula over the gear - so I might do that - haven't decided for sure. (It is recommended to apply 2 coats of "B" then 2 coats of "C" to build up a good solid layer of metal before buffing, etc. - cheaper to get the first 2 coats laid down using B than to do all coats with C.) The gear does have nice flat areas that would not be too difficult to buff and polish.

After all the coatings have been applied, then I will "grunge" the heck out of it (using stains/patinas/or waxes) to make it look more like older metal for the most part. I had considered using some Bondo to apply a rough/wipe-down/coarse texture over pretty much all of it before applying the metal paint. However, the paint has enough "body" to it, that you can achieve a nice muted texture by "stippling" (pouncing) the end of your brush over the painted surfaces.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SN_finishing_2.jpg   SN_finishing_1.jpg   sculptnouveau_products.jpg   IndianHead_side550x413.jpg  

Buffalo_side550x413.jpg   SN_finishing_3.jpg  
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 03-01-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

how far does the paint go? I see it's about twelve bucks for 8 ounces. looks very cool though...this is one awesome project... this was my final pom before my subscription expires.. nice way to go out although i'm definitely going to renew....

Quote Originally Posted by rickyz View Post
    how far does the paint go? I see it's about twelve bucks for 8 ounces. looks very cool though...this is one awesome project... this was my final pom before my subscription expires.. nice way to go out although i'm definitely going to renew....
    The 8oz. size will cover about 20 sq. ft., I'm told. I put 3 coats of Silver B on the coin bank on both sides and the edges (the 3rd coat was very light - could have stopped at just 2 no problem, and that's what I did on a second bank). I made two of those banks...one to give to a friend of mine who owns a "buffalo" ranch (actually, they are Bison...NOT buffalo), and another one for me to keep and take to conferences, shows, etc. I had enough left over from that one 8oz. jar to do at least three more, I estimate.

On the Industria Synchroon, I have PLENTY of the paint left over. Not a lot of surface area on this project, so the jars will last me awhile (well, until I get the bug to do another "metallic" project or two, or three, or...)
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 03-01-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

good to know... thank you...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast