Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: parts machine

Default parts machine

I just bought a new machine. My old one melted the flex shaft and the display has black squares. Do you think I am better off parting the machine out or trying to sell the machine as a parts machine. I will tell you a little about the macine. It has rubber belts but I plan on putting them on my new machine. then including the new sandpaper belts with the parts machine. I am not sure about the hours on the machine I am guessing about 700 hrs. It is a rev b machine and has a rock chuck on it. the top cover does not attach to the machine it just lays on it. Up until the day that the flex shaft melted it was a great machine. Im just glad the last job I did on it net me $1800. Im open to suggestions. I was thinking I would like to get around $300 plus shipping. thanks Joe
    Last edited by Cabinetdesigner; 02-23-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinetdesigner View Post
    I just bought a new machine. My old one melted the flex shaft and the display has black squares. Do you think I am better off parting the machine out or trying to sell the machine as a parts machine. I will tell you a little about the macine. It has rubber belts but I plan on putting them on my new machine. then including the new sandpaper belts with the parts machine. I am not sure about the hours on the machine I am guessing about 700 hrs. It is a rev b machine and has a rock chuck on it. the top cover does not attach to the machine it just lays on it. Up until the day that the flex shaft melted it was a great machine. Im just glad the last job I did on it net me $1800. Im open to suggestions. I was thinking I would like to get around $300 plus shipping. thanks Joe
    For a $75 flexshaft & figuring out if the lcd just has a wire that's not fully connected or you need a $10 part, I say fix it and do another $1800 job it. Run the two of them and make $3600!!

Selling it for $300, when you can fix it for SOOOO much less????....Up to you of course....just my opinion.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Not to mention, that if the motors themselves are still good, that right there is at least $300. It would be a lot more beneficial to fix up the machine and keep making money with it.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

I really think the machine might have shorted out when the flex shaft over heated. because the display shows nothing but black sqaures. I just figured if the machine had a short it would be costly to fix.

It could very possibly be something simple, like a loose cable or a corrupted memory card. Both of which are simple fixes.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

I would LOVE the machine for $300.00.... But in good conscious I could not do that to you.... IF the Card is not in the machine then you get the black squares... So it is just possible that it was an over site and the card was not plugged in. If it WAS... Then I would first remove the bottom of the machine and check the cables plugged into the computer as one may be loose... Also un plug the card and look close at the Computer where the card plugs in... The Computer has male pins and if you had the card removed and blew dust.... It could get caught up in the pins and not let the card go in all the way....

So for $75.00 plus shipping I believe you will have a BACK UP Machine.... I call the Flex a Consumable as like Car Tires they will wear out and need replacement... Plan on buying one every XX hours.... And with care and LUCK, I would place that at about 800 hours...

Let us know how you make out....

Call me if you still have problems.... my number is on the bottom of my website or PM me with a number... I have a Magic Jack and it's free to call.... or cheap...

I am in the FIX IT camp..... And get Rubber Belts for the new machine too....

As for the Flex... I even burned one up.... They are finiky.... I bent or kinked the noise damper spring inside the flex and the metal to metal burned up the rubber...... I even Snapped a flex one day...... I had 2 spare cores so I was back up quick.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 02-23-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Well I took the bottom of the machine nothing seemed loose. I checked where the card plugged in everything looks good. I am at a loss.

I just got back to the shop.... 9 PM... Was playing Suzie Homemaker cooking all the main stuff for the week, makes for quick meals during the week... Between my Walking Program to get Healthy, my Shop and Business, and being Head Cook and Bottle Washer... It's like 3 jobs...

I will try to call... I see your on line... I am thinking bad power supply..... or Computer....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

The display contrast setting may need adjusting. Just a thought.
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Icutone2 View Post
    The display contrast setting may need adjusting. Just a thought.
    Lee
    I wish it was that simple. I have decided to part the machine out. I discovered that I had disconnected the probe connector and drapped it accross the flex shaft. that is what caused the machine to display black squares. with out knowing what is damaged it is best I just sell certain parts of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast