Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sears Cumpucarve bit closeout sale

Where do you go in Alaska. I used to go to Homer every year haven't been in a while

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    I'm still waiting for my Sears order but once I removed the adapters I'll be adding them to the ones I already have (a whole drawer full). I was thinking I might use them for fish weights when we go halibut fishing in Alaska this coming June. Sure can't think of another use for them. Oh, I wonder if I could use them in a slingshot on the quail...might end up with a good dinner that way....since we can't even give them away.

We spent 28 years in Alaska...18 of them in Anchor Point (just north of Homer). But we are making our third halibut trip with AlaskaWilderness out of Cordova. They fly us out to a remote bay where we stay in floating cabins, have our own boats/motors, etc. We can fish, sightsee, or just sit on our floating deck and fish at our leasure. This has become a family affair, only 8 of us going this year, but we've had 10 in past years.

just got my sets today... i'm soooo glad I saw this post... thank you so much.... got the adapters off and ready to go now.. anyone modify the case to make them work better without the quick chucks on them? or i'll probably just add them to my bit collection drawer...

Quote Originally Posted by rickyz View Post
    just got my sets today... i'm soooo glad I saw this post... thank you so much.... got the adapters off and ready to go now.. anyone modify the case to make them work better without the quick chucks on them? or i'll probably just add them to my bit collection drawer...
    If you can find them, just add an extra magnet to each slot in the bit box. That will raise it up and hold the bits for the CT better.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    If you can find them, just add an extra magnet to each slot in the bit box. That will raise it up and hold the bits for the CT better.
    I can find 11 of them in the other case

great idea... I figured i'd wind up grinding down the lip above the magnet but your idea should be a lot easier....

Default Sears 50% off coupon code.

I don't know if it will work for the bits, but Sears just put out a coupon code for 50% off some craftsman tools and five dollars off anything over $50 SEARS5OFF50 If it does, then it makes an already great deal even better. If not maybe you can use it for something else you need.

details here: http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/288758

dave

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    We spent 28 years in Alaska...18 of them in Anchor Point (just north of Homer). But we are making our third halibut trip with AlaskaWilderness out of Cordova. They fly us out to a remote bay where we stay in floating cabins, have our own boats/motors, etc. We can fish, sightsee, or just sit on our floating deck and fish at our leasure. This has become a family affair, only 8 of us going this year, but we've had 10 in past years.
    Wow, Kathy would love that. She lived in Homer and Cordova, etc. as a Coast Guard wife. She always says I would love it there. I would like to visit at least once.

Terry...even after living 28 years in Alaska I believe the family thinks the trip with AlaskaWilderness is big bangs for your money. You just need to get to Cordova and they supply everything else....except your booze (if you are a drinking person) and snack treats. Once out on the water they fly in everyday to check on you and bring you anything you want. Other than that you are completely on your own.

Not to highjack the thread...I did get my bits delivered to the front door yesterday....now I have lots of halibut weights..
    Last edited by SharonB; 03-02-2012 at 12:48 PM.

I'm glad so many of you took advantage of this bargain, after I recieved mine I just had to share this deal. I see many of you do not need the adapters. I still have the Quick chuck in my machines and would be interested in a couple of the 1/2" adapters. Send me a PM with your asking price.
    Thanks,
    Randy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast