Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sears Cumpucarve bit closeout sale

Quote Originally Posted by rjgreen761 View Post
    I'm glad so many of you took advantage of this bargain, after I recieved mine I just had to share this deal. I see many of you do not need the adapters. I still have the Quick chuck in my machines and would be interested in a couple of the 1/2" adapters. Send me a PM with your asking price.
    Thanks,
    Randy
    You can have any I got with the new set plus the others out of the old complete set I dont use them just a PITA to get them off. you pay for shipping and 10 bucks for my time and I will send you all the adapters I have also have 3 to 4
    qc would be willing to part with for 10 each or what is fair

Default Removing bits from adapters

Removing bits from adapters
    Here is some hints on removing bits from the QC bit adapters.
    The following is for the 1/4 inch shank bits:
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...898#post132898 Post #13

THE 1/2 INCH SHAFT BITS NEED NO HEAT. They have a nut (collet) at the end of the adapter that you will turn with a wrench, so you just need a pair of pliers or vice to hold the adapter while you turn the nut/collet.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default Still can't get adapters off

I've heated them (twice) and all the small screws are out. The glue that holds the adapters on literally ran out onto the foil underneath when heated. But I cannot get the adapters off. Even on the 1/2" which is not supposed to have glue, but sure looked like glue to me. Anyone have any more ideas I can try please? Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by seathis View Post
    I've heated them (twice) and all the small screws are out. The glue that holds the adapters on literally ran out onto the foil underneath when heated. But I cannot get the adapters off. Even on the 1/2" which is not supposed to have glue, but sure looked like glue to me. Anyone have any more ideas I can try please? Many thanks.
    First, I'll re state the 1/2 inch method:
    THE 1/2 INCH SHAFT BITS NEED NO HEAT. They have a nut (collet) at the end of the adapter that you will turn with a wrench, so you just need a pair of pliers or vice to hold the adapter while you turn the nut/collet.

On the 1/4 inch shaft bits, while the adapter is still warm, with the screws removed, place the bit tip down in an opening where the bit is not held but the adapter is on a solid surface. Use a dowel or bolt the push bar that you may tap with a small hammer. This should drive the bit out of the adapter. A vise slightly open may be a good holder/hole.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Thanks for the information about the closeout.

Believe me or not, I am currently trying to purchase two sets of basic bits from Sears - and it seems impossible. Yes, read my lips: TRYING!

First, I wanted to purchase the bits via Sears web site for shipping to my home address. That was impossible, as soon as I entered my country.

Oh, well... then I try to purchase them to my forwarding address in the US. But that was of course not possible this time, because my Credit Card is not US.

Then I asked my forwarding company to put an order to Sears on my behalf on April 2nd. Two weeks later I got the message that the order was canceled by Sears.

Finally I asked Sears chat whether I could buy the bits from them. Yes, they were eligibal for overseas sale and I should contact the international sales department.

I contacted the international sales department and asked them for two sets of bits. The answer was: NO, because the equipment the bits are made for does not work with my electric outlet (240V/50Hz instead of 110V/60Hz). I tried to explain to them that the bits were just pieces of metal and they do work or not work regardless any outlets. And I told them that I have the Compucarve running in my garage. The next answer was still NO, because "those items will not work in your contry". ...as if the items' functionality depends on geographic location...

Anybody have any idea how I can convince Sears to take my $$ and give me the goods?
    Located at a nice spot in Europe...
    Current machines:
    • model A, QC, firmware 1.188, sandpaper belts, "brainless"
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)
    • 2 x model C, Carvetight, still in box

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

I order one and looking to get another, it is one heck of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_zed View Post
    Thanks for the information about the closeout.

Believe me or not, I am currently trying to purchase two sets of basic bits from Sears - and it seems impossible. Yes, read my lips: TRYING!

First, I wanted to purchase the bits via Sears web site for shipping to my home address. That was impossible, as soon as I entered my country.

Oh, well... then I try to purchase them to my forwarding address in the US. But that was of course not possible this time, because my Credit Card is not US.

Then I asked my forwarding company to put an order to Sears on my behalf on April 2nd. Two weeks later I got the message that the order was canceled by Sears.

Finally I asked Sears chat whether I could buy the bits from them. Yes, they were eligibal for overseas sale and I should contact the international sales department.

I contacted the international sales department and asked them for two sets of bits. The answer was: NO, because the equipment the bits are made for does not work with my electric outlet (240V/50Hz instead of 110V/60Hz). I tried to explain to them that the bits were just pieces of metal and they do work or not work regardless any outlets. And I told them that I have the Compucarve running in my garage. The next answer was still NO, because "those items will not work in your contry". ...as if the items' functionality depends on geographic location...

Anybody have any idea how I can convince Sears to take my $$ and give me the goods?
    PM sent - Lawrence

I already purchased one, looking to get another

I got really lucky, I made a litho for an old boss I had several years ago. He's a purchasing agent and he asked me for one of my carving tools. I gave him an old worn out one. A few weeks later he showed up with 20 brand new carving bits for me. I think that will last me for a very long time. Sometimes it nice just to make a project for free, what comes around goes around.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345