Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call for speaker & workshop suggestions

I just found the 2011 conference information and it looks like I missed out on great seminars. I'll be there in June.
    In 2012 I'd like to see routine mainteance best practices, creating patterns from photographs (I know it ain't easy!), the use and creation of sleds, Marketing your products particurly third party web-sites such as etsy.com and ebay.com, as well as DIY web sites. and along with many other posts here, I want to see methods of finishing. Machine sound reduction.Thanks!
    Last edited by rickroy; 03-05-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: additional conference topic

If there's interest, I could present information on security issues related to websites and online shopping carts.

David

I like the idea of taping the conference due to I know I can't afford the expenses but I sure would love to see it

Smile Gimp Patterns

This would be an excellent workshop and I would attend. I am trying to learn, but could learn so much more. Hopefully there will be both basic and advanced sessions open to all.
    Last edited by Canemaker; 03-18-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Default Conference suggestions

Hopefully, I am placing this reply in the proper place. These are just some of my thoughts for the conference.
    Looking at last years conference agenda I was wondering what the difference between a newbie and a carvoholic is? Being new to the family I would like to consider myself somewhere in between. I would like to attend a basic as well as an advance class on designer, preventive maintenance checks and balances (which show how to disasimble the machine to make adjustments, repairs and put back together without having extra parts remaining), how to make sled & jigs and their uses, how to use gimp or another program to make patterns, and solutions for dust collection other than stopping and restarting the machine every few hours. Maybe there could be a show and tell room setup for others to display their works and or advancements (jigs & sleds) [maybe for sale or not] during the breaks. Another avenue could be morning and evening classes that rotate from day to day so everyone has an opportunity to take both the basic and advanced classes. Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by Canemaker View Post
    Hopefully, I am placing this reply in the proper place. These are just some of my thoughts for the conference.
    Looking at last years conference agenda I was wondering what the difference between a newbie and a carvoholic is? Being new to the family I would like to consider myself somewhere in between. I would like to attend a basic as well as an advance class on designer, preventive maintenance checks and balances (which show how to disasimble the machine to make adjustments, repairs and put back together without having extra parts remaining), how to make sled & jigs and their uses, how to use gimp or another program to make patterns, and solutions for dust collection other than stopping and restarting the machine every few hours. Maybe there could be a show and tell room setup for others to display their works and or advancements (jigs & sleds) [maybe for sale or not] during the breaks. Another avenue could be morning and evening classes that rotate from day to day so everyone has an opportunity to take both the basic and advanced classes. Thanks John
    I think most of these will be met!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12