Thread: probe will not jog

Default probe will not jog

I got a new probe went though the set up and when I got to the point where I should jog to the corner I am unable to jog. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by barkerr6 View Post
    I got a new probe went though the set up and when I got to the point where I should jog to the corner I am unable to jog. Any help would be appreciated.
    Does it move in any direction? Try all the arrows.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

yeah I tried all of the arrows; pressing quick, pressing and holding, pressing multiple times ect. the only button that does anything is the stop and it drops the spindle straight down till it binds on the sled rail and kicks out the appropriate error code.

I am at a loss. I have also tried to go into the menu and turn the jog on, and back to off; trying to scan with it in both settings. The probe shows to be in the closed position and "opens" when touched, the cover is closed and switch there reads correctly. It does the homing thing fine as near as I can tell, and carves just fine. I have the flex shaft off.

I have watched the video on the carvebuddy site and dont see a difference in what I am doing cept I cant jog

Default Probe

Quote Originally Posted by barkerr6 View Post
    yeah I tried all of the arrows; pressing quick, pressing and holding, pressing multiple times ect. the only button that does anything is the stop and it drops the spindle straight down till it binds on the sled rail and kicks out the appropriate error code.

I am at a loss. I have also tried to go into the menu and turn the jog on, and back to off; trying to scan with it in both settings. The probe shows to be in the closed position and "opens" when touched, the cover is closed and switch there reads correctly. It does the homing thing fine as near as I can tell, and carves just fine. I have the flex shaft off.

I have watched the video on the carvebuddy site and dont see a difference in what I am doing cept I cant jog
    I'm going to guess at what is happening. Correct any thing that is not true.
    1. You purchased your probe new from LHR.
    2. You plug your probe cord in to the side of the cover (using the extra cord that came with the probe).
    3. You have set the machine to use the probe via the cover.
    4. When you turn on the machine, you get the prompt whick says something like "1) probe", to which you press "1".
    5. The truck moves to the keyboard side of the machine and bounces a bit.
    6. You get the Jog prompt.
    7. you press the arrows and nothing happens.

Let's see how correct I am so far.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

after messing around I found the problem

the ever present dust

there was not enough pressure on the rollers for the machine to recognize the board/sled
    I found it when I checked the down pressure of the rollers and it was only 40-65

cleaned lubed and then started a scan\

next days off I will give it a better cleaning

thanks for the help
    user error strikes again