Thread: Bit requirement

Default Bit requirement

Is there a way of determining what bits are required for a pattern? I got half way through a carve today and the machine requested a bit that I do not have.

Default MPC-Bit Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Is there a way of determining what bits are required for a pattern? I got half way through a carve today and the machine requested a bit that I do not have.
    YES!
    You may confirm the bit usage by reverse engineering the MPC.
    In the signature section, below, you will find my lesson "Download" link. There you will find a 606 MD Zipped link titled "MPC-Bit Confirmation". This lesson is about the reverse engineering of a MPC.

You must have also missed the needed bit as the machine went through the bit check at the beginning.
    AskBud
    http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-...nfirmation.zip
    Last edited by AskBud; 02-11-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Thanks Bud, This was my very first carve and I do not remember seeing a "bit check" at the beginning. Will watch for it next time.

Dale,

One thing to remember is that all patterns/raster carves will call for the 1/16 tapered/ball nose bit, also know as the pattern bit. cut outs will use the 1/8 straight bit. These are the default bits but can be changed through the board settings and cut out control boxes.

The "bit check" Bud speaks of is done at the start of each carve when the machine goes through all of the measurements and checks. I will ask you to install the bits in the reverse order that they will be used in the carving.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.