Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back port (DB25)?

Default Back bport

The port is for a manual controller. I was on ebay lookng at controllers and found some with that extra port that identified as a port for a hand controller or even a joystick

I found a 1 meter long ribbon cable so that I could relocate the LCD Keypad where I want. The downside is I had to buy a bundle of them so I now have a few extras. If anyone is interested, I have a couple that I would like to sell, but if I don't at least I have spares for my setup and if I add any more Carvewrights to my shop. Then again, if I get another Carvewright I'll probably convert it to LinuxCNC to match the rest of the shop and not be dependent on what functionality LHR gives me the privilege of buying.

Quote Originally Posted by gapdev View Post
    Bud,

I too need/want to do this except I need the LCD *and* the keyboard to be detachable so I can mount it in a position where I can see it and use the keys.

Since I have to use a Sound Proof room to keep complaining neighbors off my back, my second machine fits in the room with the LCD/Keyboard too close to the door so that I have to open the door to read the screen and use the keyboard.

I thought about just removing the whole control panel and making a box for it. The ribbon cable would have to be extended but since I'm an Electronics nerd, that wouldn't be too difficult but I worry that it might introduce noise into the electronics. Guess I could try it and see how it goes.

Kenny
    Last edited by erick3525; 10-27-2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: being more specific

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123