Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carvemore Pattern Store

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Malmstrom View Post
    Thats an artistic looking peice. And a little bit of work to get it done I bet. I've been eyeballing that ZBrush and even signed up for the forum. The drawing curves for creating profiles on round shapes is cool. Its just like what I was trying out in GIMP almost. There are capabilities for doing all kinds of stuff there. I don't think I will get it though but boy I could have some fun learning it. I like playing around with Scultris for now. png alpha brushes and subdividing to get higher resolution and all.

There is no rulers or guides in ZBrush but I guess there are ways to put an image on the plane to use as a reference. And I'm not sure that you can export anything other than screen shots as depth images.

Alan
    Alan,

Zbrush was literally the firrst program I got in early 08..back then it was that or mudbox for digital sculpting. With the options available today I am not sure I would have ended up with zbrush...sculptris is a Very good program and you can do everything you need for cnc models in it combined with a polygon modelor...hexagon is a great one to get from daz and is free for the month of febuary. Other great program I got a few months ago is 3d coat...from the looks of it you do just about everything you can do in zbrush and you can get a student liscence for $99.00 - you dont have to be student it just has some very minor limitaions..great ddeal at 99 - I picked it for retopologizing models.

Zbrush and exports..lot you can export - depthmaps displacement maps normal maps AO maps etc..obj at various poly counts..renders..and yes you can use image plane for for reference. If the same programs wee out in 08 I would probably have 3d coat and sculptris..no need for zbrush from my end....cool part though with pixologic all updates are free.

And yep this model took some time..been playing with it on and off for a while..but sculpting, which I'm sure your seeing, can be addictive..lol and digitally..no mess and undo
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Alan, Zbrush will export as an OBJ file, which can be converted to STL for importing into designer. OBJ is used in most 3d programs.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Nice to have some modeling time. The renders were done in zbrush. It's to fun to play with the polypaint

http://www.carvepattern.com/en/40-bluegill.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails render1_bluegill.jpg   render2_bluegill.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

John beautiful work, and paint
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

5. Default

That is a nicely done fish or as the kids would say now adays "That's just Sick"! Fish are just another organic object that suits ZBrush modeling perfectly.

When I was trying to draw a face I looked at the screen so long that my reflection started to show up in the 3D rendering. Am I the only one who sees this?

Just another poor attemp at joking. Never Mind!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FaceReflection.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	655.4 KB 
ID:	51253

I just made a png file of my face and put it into the Materials folder of the Sculptris Program Files then used it as a material.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Malmstrom; 02-12-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12