Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carvemore Pattern Store

Default Carvemore Pattern Store

Recently a buddy got me on a dog kick so I figure it was time to try my dog one more time. I have tried him quite a few times in the last year and a half..finally got it..least Im happy with it. Nice to have some time to model again.

http://www.carvepattern.com/en/38-german-shepherd.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shepherd_Front.jpg   Shepherd_side.jpg   shep_roscoe.53.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Very nice work, John!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Great job John!

Sure glad you have the time to model also!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

John he came out great. Sometimes it just takes persistence to get it right.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

5. Default

Hi John

Looks kind of like a little Sculpris with a kind of photo texture alpha added on top. I have done dogs a few times and yours looks much better. It really takes an artists touch to do this kind of thing with only a .8 carve depth and all.

Alan

Thanks for the nice coments guys.

Alan - zbrush here..was the first program I got when I got into this. The flow goes like this..I quasi modeled the dog in modo and get the basic shapes...can use moi for this also...then bring into zbrush..most of work in zbrush...the first part is very quick and easy...next once in zbrush I use a tool called projection master and place my rough model on a plane...then using projection master I place the reference image over the model..line it up and burn it in..using image as an alpha at this point..very lightly...from there the hard part for me begins..sculpting , but also the fun part..after dog is looking right..not done but not rough..I reburn image and sculpt some more to final model.

Your right..LOL so right...staying to .75 is a HARD to say the least..full 3d would be easier at times I think. The full front on view was a mind twister of what shape to start rough model..sphere? cylinder laid sideways and cut?...ended starting with sphere. I have tried my dog many times and hated the result..but gettn better with zbrush...sculpting is a blast
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Great job John.

You do a really good job on the ptn's. I woud say I know that first hand.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Default Eve

Thanks Robert....you got me on the dog kick

Here is another I have been working for a while. Been learning to model faces in quads..lol this ended up being a lot harder than I thought. The reference was actually a russian tatoo sketch I found on the net and was hmm that looks pretty cool and simple..lol Not. Trying to get better with hair. The one picture with paint was me playing around with painting in zbrush on the model

http://www.carvepattern.com/en/39-eve.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eve_Front.jpg   eve_side.jpg   ren1Polypaint_eve.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

9. Default

Thats an artistic looking peice. And a little bit of work to get it done I bet. I've been eyeballing that ZBrush and even signed up for the forum. The drawing curves for creating profiles on round shapes is cool. Its just like what I was trying out in GIMP almost. There are capabilities for doing all kinds of stuff there. I don't think I will get it though but boy I could have some fun learning it. I like playing around with Scultris for now. png alpha brushes and subdividing to get higher resolution and all.

There is no rulers or guides in ZBrush but I guess there are ways to put an image on the plane to use as a reference. And I'm not sure that you can export anything other than screen shots as depth images.

Alan

Very nice, Fantastic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast