Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carving graphics without a carve region around them?

1. Default

Thanks Ken I also made some pics and yes I always use a 2 on the gaussian blur to clean the edges as well, then I save as a png and import into designer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 1 help.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	51165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 2 help.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	51166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 3 help.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	51167

2. Default

Hi mabco12

Im wondering if maybe you are wanting the area round the graphic to be carved out at a certain depth. To do that you would want to make a square or rectangle right over the object and then give it a carve region, [Tools] menu then [Carve Region]. Then set the depth that you want.

Before using this method you would have to have dropped the background out while importing the original pattern. You can do this by clicking the down arrow in the options section of the [Import] dialog box, until the bottom color of the pattern is black or rather see through.

I think maybe this is what you are looking to do becouse the other replies didn't work for you.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Malmstrom; 02-06-2012 at 09:52 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gregsolano View Post
    Thanks Ken I also made some pics and yes I always use a 2 on the gaussian blur to clean the edges as well, then I save as a png and import into designer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 1 help.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	51165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 2 help.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	51166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 3 help.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	51167
    You know Greg I have never been able to delete a background in Photoshop or GIMP and then save it as a png and then open it in Designer Import and have it recongnize the bacground as transparent. I wonder if this is something that only works in certain programs. Or maybe it works if you have the Pattern Editor software which I don't have.

I have to leave it white and then lower it by hitting the arrow button in the Import dialog box.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Malmstrom; 02-06-2012 at 10:27 PM.

4. Default

Alan, I don't have pattern editor either. I don't have photoshop or gimp but in paint.net when I delete any thing in an image and save it as a png it always shows transparent when importing into designer. I have been told that this is common with png files but I don't have any other photo editing software to test it with. I use this not only in backgrounds but for any element I want to delete and show as transparent.

Thanks for the replies I will keep trying what you all are suggesting. Thanks to everyone's input on getting this to work.
    Mabco12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12