Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun while it lasted!

Rick,

This makes me Sad Too... I wish you the best.... No one can ever take away the skills you have built up from the years making signs and being in business. Shifting directions in life for a while may open up new opportunities in the future. You have a Gold Mine of Skills that you will never loose.

Good Luck,

And Thank You for all the Advice you have given me as I grew through some very hard times....

Your Friend,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks so much my friends, it is hard to face facts,but it is something I need to do. Michael thank you for the call I did get your message. The problem is our savings is depleted and the money for the fairs is being used to live. My wife has been to so many interviews and have been rejected. It really puts a damper on our spirits. Really more so for me since I can't get a job since most places won't hire a person with 4 ruptured disc and all the pain meds I take. I am trying!

I really am sorry I seem to post oh poor me post, lol I have wrote and erased post so many times! As president Lincoln once commented it is better to write a letter to somebody or something negative. Read it and then destroy it and you will feel better! The biggest downfall for us was that dog gone soda business. I know it may not seem possible, but we lost over $250,000!

I really appreciate all the kinds words and suggestions. I have came to terms that my sign shop is done! You know I went through this when I had to medically retire from the Dept. of Corrections. I didn't really want to go to fairs and work all those long hours and at first I did furniture restoration. I also made signs and some furniture. I was not making too much and my wife was working. Before I had to retire my wife never needed to work, so being a proud man I wanted to have a business that she could stay at home. Our kids were still young so they need their mom, but ended up getting their dad!

So after a time I decided to take out a business loan and start the fair route! The problem was I really had to sell myself to get the fairs. There is a chain sign shop that has inundated the market. So it was tough to get any big fairs. I went to some and found out why they didn't have a sign maker! To be honest my sign business has never been that profitable that my wife could stop working. Now with California being broke the Governor cut all funding to all counties. It effects the fairs I attend most since they are smaller fairs. So this may have been my last year anyway?

So I am praying that this may be blessing rather then a curse! It is definitely a blessing I have the money that was for the fairs I can use to live until my wife or me finds a job. It really isn't all bad as it seems! My wife and I have applied for a job we would both work. I will share the details when I know for sure. I hope to know by next week.

Thanks again and sorry again for poor ol me post!

Ike

3. Default

Rick, not much left to say that others haven't already expressed. Just know that we are all hoping and praying for things to improve. Best of luck my friend.

Rick I agree with Terry, we are all hoping it gets better for you and quickly.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thank you again all! I hope be sharing some good news soon!

Rick

Rick,

Sorry I'm late to the thread, and even more sorry to hear of your circumstances.
    I hope that you will be as lucky as I have been in changing careers.

Hang in there!
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Thank you Doc, like I said I debated even posting my original post. I am thankful for my true friends that have replied. All of your kind words are very comforting! My wife and I are waiting to see about the results of an interview we both interviewed for a team manager job. I will go into more detail when we know we have the job. If not lol guess there won't be any need to!

We are hoping for this job, but still my wife interviewed for another job and will continue to do so until we know about the job we want! Never the less even if she did get a job the time frame has passed and the money saved for the fairs is being used. So no more fairs since most or all requires I pay the space fees way in advance. The fairs being my main source of income and no fairs means the no sign shop! If we get the job for both of us no more signs, so I have accepted the fact. If we don't get the team job and she gets another job then maybe the sign shop can exist through the web?

So those who pray please pray for the team job. We want this job and I will gladly give up my sign shop! Thank you again my friends!

Rick

Rick,
    Not being one who adds a lot to this forum (but wishes I could), knows that without you help and insight in this community it would be a different place. And not being one to take "NO" for an answer you "WILL NOT" leave here. This is just a bump in the road that I know you will overcome! With that in mind I look forward to reading you here!
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Ike,

Like ChrisAlb who is temporally gone from the Forum doing Cross Country Trucking, He is Gone but not Forgotten... We look forward to you chiming in with updates when you can. You Advice is valuable to new Sign Makers in Need....

Keep us updated.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Ike,
    I am sorry to hear about your situation. Things are not good out there as you know. I travel all over and see empty buildings everywhere yet the Govt says that unemployment is down. Bull.. That's not what I see out there. People are just giving up and not filing anymore. The politicians can spin anything!

Having retired and working again because of need not want brings things to perspective. My wife and I will be praying for you and your family! I do hope things get better!

Steve
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast