Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun while it lasted!

Default Fun while it lasted!

For those interested, I thought I would update the status on my sign shop business...... It is done. My main income came from attending fairs and my wife has not found a job. So the money saved up for fair fees is being used to live. The fair business is so political that if you miss one year you lose your spot. So it isn't even worth trying, not to mention with the State of Ca. being broke. The State is not funding the county fairs, so there will be quite a few little fairs going to the wayside. The bigger fairs are taken by other sign shops.

As time goes on I will know if I even keep my website. I am holding off using any web services like Google Adwords etc. Now the next two weeks will tell if I start selling my CW's and other tools.

Thanks for the support from a few special members, Tom, Terry, Clint, Jaroot and many more!

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 02-24-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Been a rough economy..hang in there Ike
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Our Thoughts and Wishes go out to You, Please take care
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Hang in there buddy-- if there's anything we can do please let us know

Lawrence

5. Default

sending prayers your way ... .

I know it hurts to see something you've built die. So sorry to hear about your situation. Being in the construction business I do feel your pain. I've spent about half of the last two or three years unemployed. Fortunately for us it seems like it is slowly starting to turn around. Perhaps the same will happen for you. Best wishes and hopes that it will turn around for you soon.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

You are welcome Rick. You know I am always there for you so please call if you want to talk.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

I hope things turn around for you. You have been such an important part of this community I would hate to see that change.
    Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    For those interested, I thought I would update the status on my sign shop business...... It is done. My mine income came from attending fairs and my wife has not found a job. So the money saved up for fair fees is being used to live. The fair business is so political that if you miss one year you lose your spot. So it isn't even worth trying, not to mention with the State of Ca. being broke. The State is not funding the county fairs, so there will be quite a few little fairs going to the wayside. The bigger fairs are taken by other sign shops.

As time goes on I will know if I even keep my website. I am holding off using any web services like Google Adwords etc. Now the next two weeks will tell if I start selling my CW's and other tools.

Thanks for the support from a few special members, Tom, Terry, Clint, Jaroot and many more!

Ike
    Hi Rick,

I am so sorry to hear about the rough times you and your family are going through. I saw the photos of your shop and am extremely impressed with your setup. I can't bear the thought of you selling any of your equipment...I know it took awhile to build that up to what it is today.

I'm thinking maybe you could shift gears, so to speak, from doing the craft shows to canvassing local businesses and residential customers to offer your services to create custom signs within a reasonable radius of your shop (maybe within a 30 to 60 mile radius?). Perhaps you could create some flyers and print them out for distribution. My hope is that both residential and business customers would be alerted to the fine work you do and drum up some business relatively quickly.

Of course, if I can help you in any way, please let me know.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Rick,

Sorry to hear things are not going well with your sign shop. Especially troubling knowing how great of a job you do with your signs. Hoping things make a turn around for you!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast