Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greek Orthodox Cross? ptn

Default Greek Orthodox Cross? ptn

I am looking for what I believe is a Greek Orthodox Cross Pattern or something close. This picture is what is requested and I actually think I could fat finger this as a mpc with lines, circles, and adding that pointed element that might be in Basic Patterns.... Not good with names of stuff like that... It will need to be filled with Grapes similar. I have some Grape Patterns that I own so that is possible.

I searched the pattern depot and did not see a cross similar and a few of the outside vendors. It looks hand cut, to the point that the round area on each side of the pointed thing has the center point of the Auger Bit marks...

It is a Joint project with my Neighbor who at some time will be getting a CW.

It will be cut on four 1 x 6 x 36 boards, just the cross and Grapes. I believe made into a box and will have wooden legs.

Suggestions?

AL who.... Pattern Challanged... Give me a Broken Cut Motor.... I can work with that...
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 01-29-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

2. Default

How about scanning it? with all your machines you gotta have a scanner?

I do have a scanner but have never used it.... I don't have access to the board.

I think I can make something that will work. I have seen the pointed element in the pattern depot I believe and it would be a exercises in drawing lines. The and setting up vector cuts. This could be fun.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Al are you needing everything in the circle?
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Ed Lamb sent me a really great pattern... THANKS YOU !!! I was just starting the manual trace using half circles when I got the pattern... Pretty cool... This is fun... I think I will play some more and give the Customer some choices.....

THANKS Ed !!!!

AL

That was fun.... Now I just need to find that pointed thing..... Time for a Walk.... Nice day...

AL

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I am looking for what I believe is a Greek Orthodox Cross Pattern or something close. This picture is what is requested and I actually think I could fat finger this as a mpc with lines, circles, and adding that pointed element that might be in Basic Patterns.... Not good with names of stuff like that... It will need to be filled with Grapes similar. I have some Grape Patterns that I own so that is possible.

I searched the pattern depot and did not see a cross similar and a few of the outside vendors. It looks hand cut, to the point that the round area on each side of the pointed thing has the center point of the Auger Bit marks...

It is a Joint project with my Neighbor who at some time will be getting a CW.

It will be cut on four 1 x 6 x 36 boards, just the cross and Grapes. I believe made into a box and will have wooden legs.

Suggestions?

AL who.... Pattern Challanged... Give me a Broken Cut Motor.... I can work with that...
    Found this image on the WEB. Will it work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cross_DISP-cw.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Al that came out great, nice work, see I knew you had it in you.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

BJB,

I think I am on the right track... That is good to have for future projects for them... Thanks for your Effort and pattern.

Eddie,

It is like the first time you go to repair the machine.... You must TRY... And that is what I did...

THANKS Everyone for the Help.

AL

I am making progress but still need help with the Arrow Flourish Please.... I spent the day trying to make one and finally gave up... So I am asking for help. I need the small arrow flourish in a .ptn so I can rotate it and place it in the carve region... I have included the project without the pay grape vines and a container that the Arrow must fit in... It will be carved in a .1 deep carve region container on the left side of the designer screen shot.

Thank YOU for your help. The first one in my customer photo shows drill bit marks with a center tip, hand carved. It can have a slight rounded elements to it. I could not even make a flat one.... Trying to trace something.... I am still ptn challanged...

So I am looking for the Arrow head without the container.. But will fit for scale.

Thanks,

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 03-09-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast