Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: carvewright version C any reviews

Default carvewright version C any reviews

Hi everyone, i bought a carvewright about two years ago and had alot of problems with it,and ended up sending it back, but it also got me hooked and i love what it can do. i am now debating on getting the new improved machine (C version) but i have not seen alot of reviews from the carvewight community. can anyone give me their thoughts and reviews for the new one.. thanks for your imput..

2. Default

I bought a used C machine over a year ago and I love it. I have had one flex shaft go out early on but since then I have been meticulous about lubing and caring for it. In the first week or two I broke a couple of bits but I learned how to set cutting depths properly and built a easy to make sled or jig depending on what you want to call it. Once I learned the quirks of using the machine I have had no problems. I have almost 300 hours on the machine and at 250 hours I replaced the motor brushes and the Y gear bearings as recommended by the gurus on this forum and that was easy and the machine continues humming along. I make from a few hundred to $500-$600 a month off my machine part time with crafts, clocks, signs, plaques etc. I could make more but do not push it like I should, I do have my own Remodel and handyman business which is my main income. If you buy make sure and read all the tips and tricks and read through as much of this forum as you can. See if there is a start U member in your area and hook up with them. They will help you get off the ground and in return for their help buy the machine from them. They get a small commission and you get someone to help you through the learning curves. The cost of buying from a start u member or direct is exactly the same, but you will have a local rep to call on. I am the start u member from New Mexico, located in Santa Fe.

I bought a C machine this past Oct, and will recommend you definitely upgrade to the heavy duty traction belts if you are going to make the purchase. I got my machine prior to the Anniversary Special - mine came with 12/200 warranty and the heavy duty belts - what a difference the belts make.

As with every machine - I have had a couple of problems, one that sticks out is the flex shaft getting hot. I watch is closely mine after my buddy went through 4 shafts. After 4 or 5 carvings and it running hot - I pulled it and lubed it - no problems since.
    Also had to replace the Y timing belt and belt tensioner, but I believe that was just an assembly problem at the factory. Overall - I give it a 2 thumbs up.

I have a B and now a C with the HD belts. no complaints on either. I will say that maintenance, maintenance, maintenance
    is key to these machines. If you take the time to care for them they will repay with great enjoyment.
    cheers,
    Bill Brooks
    Henrico , VA
    Printer, Zymurgist, Carvehead
    Machine One - Version B, Carvetight upgrade and a Ringneck Blues Dust collector www.ringneckblues.com
    Machine Two - 5th Anniversary Version C, Rubber Belts and a Ringneck Blues Blues Dust collector

Cool

i am getting the new c version feb 7 can't wait

got mine yesterday, used it 1 time, already it tells me to clean board sensor. lol oh well.
    Jack of all trades ,master of none, but if you got a job, I'll git-er-done.

http://theswamper.tripod.com/

What color is the material?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Jack, I'm sure this is going to be a minor blip - I get an error at the beginning of many of my carves and it usually takes about 20 seconds of troubleshooting to get up and running.

Can you describe what you are carving (type of wood, is is on a sled, etc?) I have gotten funny readings when I try to carve dark wood in a dark environment... turning on a light or opening the garage door seems to help (though this could just be me as I'm not sure how the sensor reads things). Also, putting light colored masking tape on the area that is read by the lcd seems to help too.

Have a little patience (again) and we'll have you carving Marine.

Lawrence

Thanks all, But now I get no reading on board sensor test. I cleaned it but still only got up to 2. I had a bad sensor on old B carver I have and it was not sealed. This one looks sealed but may have some sealant inside, looks white. fogy.
    Only used it 2 times. I was told the bugs was out, but? hummmmm?
    SEMPER FI
    Jack of all trades ,master of none, but if you got a job, I'll git-er-done.

http://theswamper.tripod.com/

Jack,

Is your reading with the head cranked down to the board? Slide a piece of white paper under the sensor and see what the reading is..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast