Thread: cribbage boards design

Default cribbage boards design

haveing made a lot of cribbage boards by hand and with my cw i note that a lot of you that are designing boards are forgeting one big thing you have start point which is fine BUT you forget to inc. a FINISH hole which is part of the game at the end of the point run so if your going to make them do it as it should be BJB and Mike T have pictures of my boards and i think they will agree i do them as they should be just my thought for today seeya

Would like to see your pictures .
    denny
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HLSI...layer_embedded
    Last edited by dcalvin4; 02-14-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: spell

I am new at this and am looking for someone to give me advice/help on how to set up for drilling and designing a cribbage boars. I have made plenty of signs but would like to learn the drilling of holes process for a cribbage board. Thanks

I think the main thing is to figure out the snap grid so you can use it the for accurate placement of the drill holes. There are some other tricks to spacing holes on curves. Can you post the kind of board you are thinking of making?

Do a search here on cribbage boards. I think you will find .mpc files with holes already laid out. It will be a lot easier to use these files or break out a row or two of the holes as starter holes to use in your design. That is how I made my first cribbage board. Saved me a lot of time and aggravation. Your imagination will be your only limit in making your patterns. Have fun and post finished product.

Here is the basic layout of a standard cribbage board.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cribbage Board.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

I like to make the Design Drawing and then make a font from the drawings. And then use Centerline to mark the design pattern on the carving board;(MPC file) this gives you a frame guide to place the pin holes. I like to use my air drills to make the pin holes; a dermal tool would also work. If you don't want the design frame - you can remove that after all the holes are marked. The CW unit can also drill all the holes if it does not mess up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Top side of cover, back side cut with (three eights bit)..PNG   SQ Cribbage Board - Drill Holes Frame.PNG   SQ Cribbage Board - Drill Holes Frame - FontCreator 6.5.PNG   Place where the cover sits..PNG  

Cribbage Boards Data Large Frame.PNG   Cribbage Board with Card and pin holder -Card holder .8 inch deep and 2.6inch x 3.6 inch -.PNG   Cribbage 29 Font.PNG   SQ ELK Head Cribbage Board.PNG  

Last edited by bjbethke; 03-04-2017 at 03:46 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

I am not a cribbage player, so I do not even know what some of the holes are for! In spite of this, I thought I would try make a standard crib board. Drilling all of these holes is the perfect job for the CW machine. (This mpc as is uses the 1/8" cutting bit and the 60V bit.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crib Board.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice looking board

another way to do the drill holes if your going to drill them by hand is use the text tool set with 5 periods in a row and but them on you layout use a 60 degree bit that's w hat I do when I find a MPC. With the holds out of line give it a try