Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cut did not match measurements

I tend to agree with you on the machines ability to locate the corian. But if it thinks it's cutting one depth and actually cuts another due to error in pocket depth, the lithopane image may suffer loss of quality.

thanks for the reply. So you actually wanted 5.5 X 3 and adjusted dimensions accordingly ?

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    Slow down!
    You are OK! We still need to see your MPC. However, I can guess that you are trying to make a carve region with the carving bit.
    I don't think you are trying to cut all the way through the board (which is what some folks are thinking).

You will not see the bit selection icon activate on a raster carve, as it is set as shown in my previous post.
    I'll send you another private message in a minute.
    If you turn on your grid lines, you will see what the machine is going to carve.
    AskBud
    I've just discovered what an MPC is but unless you'd like to bask in the dim light of my ignorance someone might tell me how to send it.

I had to make a jig for 1/4" Corian I needed sharp corners and straight walls
    I drilled 3/16' relief holes for each corner, a carve region and dressed the walls cut path and a 3/16" cutting bit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Unit Sled Jig for Corian Dept Head Name Plates 1a.png  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by sail View Post
    I've just discovered what an MPC is but unless you'd like to bask in the dim light of my ignorance someone might tell me how to send it.
    The attachment process is fairly easy, but may best be explained by viewing a lesson titled "Attachments-Revised 7/9/2010". Drop down the my signature section, below, and click on the "Download" link and drive to the lesson.
    AskBud
    Last edited by AskBud; 01-21-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    I drilled 3/16' relief holes for each corner, a carve region and dressed the walls cut path and a 3/16" cutting bit
    That's a great idea ken! The pic says it all.
    Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Thanks Ken. I figured what to do with the corners. I also plan to drill a 1/2 hole in the center to let me push from the back to release the corian. My issue is making the jig to the proper size. I input say 5 X 7 and get 5 1/8 by 7 1/8.

There were many people trying to help. Thanks for that. Failing health can leave me a bit confused. I think I'll resort to a phone call for support.

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    The attachment process is fairly easy, but may best be explained by viewing a lesson titled "Attachments-Revised 7/9/2010". Drop down the my signature section, below, and click on the "Download" link and drive to the lesson.
    AskBud
    Bud,
    I never got a private message so didn't call. I'm afraid I've gone as far as I can today. Maybe pick this up tomorrow if I can.

Am I missing something here? If Sail carved a 6 X 9 rectangle with the 3/16 carving bit, he should get a 6 3/16 X 9 3/16 rectangle because the center of the carving bit follows the rectangle. Is that not what happened here?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Am I missing something here? If Sail carved a 6 X 9 rectangle with the 3/16 carving bit, he should get a 6 3/16 X 9 3/16 rectangle because the center of the carving bit follows the rectangle. Is that not what happened here?
    We have not seen the MPC as yet. However, I think he still had the 1/16 carving bit assigned and substituted the 3/16 carving bit. As a side note, on a carve region, the edge of the bit is the determining factor rather than the center. This was a carve region not a cut path nor vector pocket.
    We are due to talk Sunday, so we'll go from there.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast