Thread: Any Suggestions?

Default Any Suggestions?

A friend of a friend just purchased what I believe is a 1937 Model A Truck. The top of the bed walls will have a 4" wooden board rail, I'm not sure what species of wood this guy ordered cause he's been waiting over a week for it to be delivered.

Anyway, my friend mentioned to him that I had a Carvewright and now this guy wants me to carve something out for him on these rails.....he first ask if I could carve out a Model A beside a old gas pump and maybe with a couple trees in the back.....lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I told him that was to much to put in a confined space of only 4" in height and that I would be afraid that it would look distorted.....I mentioned just some simple lettering with a decorative detail.....maybe like a vine......this guy really doesn't know what he wants and keeps asking me to come up with something.....I don't know him so I can't suggest something personal.....just curious if I could tap into the creative minds here, maybe someone else has done something similar.

Thanks
    Paul

Perhaps a Ford logo incorporated into the design might be nice.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

4" really doesn"t give you a lot of room to work with, any graphics you use
    may be hard to see or make out from any kind of a distance.

http://cooltext.com/Download-Font-Ford+script
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sign Board 1a km.png   Sign Board 2a km.png  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

I have to agree with Ken. I think a little bit bigger on the board size.

Capt Barry

A lot of Trucks of all makes back then, had Sigh Placards on one or both side of the truck just behind the Cab,
    Maybe something like that might work. --- Just a Thought
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1937 Ford V-8 Stake Truck 1.png   1937 Ford V-8 Stake Truck 2.png   Old Ford Sign 1a.png  
    Ken

Ken,

Thanks for your input, I suggested to the guy about going up on the railing size, but he seems to be holding firm. I really like your Old Ford Sign.....I keep getting a load error on the other two images that you submitted, I'd really like to see them.

Thanks
    Paul

Ken,

I was able to get these files open.....I really like these, I'm gonna download the font and see if I can duplicate your pgn and submit it to this guy.....I'll let you know and if I get a thumbs up, I'll cut you in.....lol.....thanks so much.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Just checking the Forum for the last time tonight, and saw your posts
    While I saw reading about the 1937 trucks today I noticed they weren't being
    referred to as Model "A"s any longer but just pick-ups, flatbeds, panel, dump, or stake trucks

When I was 16 years old I started driving 1 1/2 ton and 2 1/2 ton Stake Trucks
    all over Metro Detroit and beyond for my Dad's Wholesale Plumbing & Heating Co. -- Seems like a life time ago.
    Ken

Ken,

Sorry for the late reply.....I'm really beginning to think this guy is clueless that I'm trying to help and brings a whole new meaning to the word VANE. He gives me the impression that he's use to people jumping through hoops for him, until now.....lol

Here is what I sent him.....just waiting for his changes.....lol.....oh yeah, almost forgot, now there will be two boards.....one is for HIS name.....lolClick image for larger version. 

Name:	fordmotor2.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	50674 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maple leafe bottom board mosaic.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	50675