Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cigar box and door

1. Default

I searched for and found the old post with the pattern for the cigar box, it is really nice. I do have one question, The part with the two curved pockets this is the lid?

Well, assuming your serious, the curved pockets are to hold a couple cigars. If you do plan to carve it, at least make sure you put depth limitations on the bits. The original pattern does not and the router digs right in full depth and leaves a lot of burn. I am attaching the pattern after I made a few changes to it in case you would like to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by gregsolano View Post
    I searched for and found the old post with the pattern for the cigar box, it is really nice. I do have one question, The part with the two curved pockets this is the lid?
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shacky View Post
    Well, assuming your serious, the curved pockets are to hold a couple cigars. If you do plan to carve it, at least make sure you put depth limitations on the bits. The original pattern does not and the router digs right in full depth and leaves a lot of burn. I am attaching the pattern after I made a few changes to it in case you would like to check it out.
    I was serious, but any way I knew it was for two cigars, but it I just thought that if the flat was the bottom they might tend to move and not necessarily go into the curved pockets when you closed the lid, but since I have never seen one like this before then I really do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by gregsolano View Post
    I was serious, but any way I knew it was for two cigars, but it I just thought that if the flat was the bottom they might tend to move and not necessarily go into the curved pockets when you closed the lid, but since I have never seen one like this before then I really do not know.
    Sorry about that....the two long cups are, indeed, the bottom part. If you look at the pictures I posted at the beginning of the thread, it may be more clear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12