Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista

Default Windows Vista

Hello
    I've been looking at new computers, A lot of the newer one now run Windows Vista. Does CW have any plans to do an upgrade so that the CW will run on a computer that uses the Vista OS.
    You should always make time to play with your Grandkids
    Dan

I'm sure they do (this is not the point of my answer). But it has long been my policy with Microsoft to never buy their OS until it has been out at least a year and has at least 1 Service Pack.

I recently worked at a computer repair center as a network tech for several years.....

Here's my opinion... DON'T GET VISTA!!!

Do a search on the internet and read all the articles about how restricting this OS is going to be... probably won't play a lot of your media files, if you don't have the license for them... a lot of your software won't run on it.. reloading it will be a nightmare... on and on...

Windows XP works very nice for me, I'm not going to upgrade until someone proves to me that Vista is not a step backwards.

Just my 1 and 1/2 cents.

Don't want to put the cat among the pigeons(no, seriously ) but I'd be more likely to change to Linux rather than move on the Vista, so I'd hope the team would see that as a more useful route.
    My groat's worth.
    John

I would love to switch OS and abandon Microsoft. But there simply is not enough software for other systems. And 99% of the software that works for other OS is designed for MS and then converted. And just love my video games (and I'm not buying a console to play video games cuz then I can't justify $2000 for a computer). The good news is my PC is practically new and very high end, so I won't have to deal with Vista for a few years yet.

Numbers, John and in the computer world that's Windows. I suspect that Vista is to end most of the security problems. If Linux was as popular, you can bet the hackers would be concentrating on that. If I went to Linux, I'd have to heave most of my high end software and either go to cusomized or go without. Not an option. Even the MAC world is putting Windows on their machines (which always seemed strange to me). Vista may well not be the way to go, but there is nothing wrong with XP if one keeps up with the security issues and that's almost all automatic today. I probably get hit with as much as anyone, but it's almost un-noticable any more.

Bob

HTM - I'd assumed that I would have multiple os on my set-up by then.
    With the hd size of my current pc plus an external waiting to be added, there should be no need for any upgrades for me for some time.

Regards
    John

I have two high end networked machines on my desk, John with a Tb of memory. Only XP, thanks. I couldn't do without dual screens any more though. Even thinking trips might be handy<g>.

Bob

Just for your information. I use a few Windoz programs on my Mac. I do NOT have Windoz installed (although I could), but instead use a program called CrossOver. http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/
    Check it out-it's pretty good.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

A good many of my programs would work very well indeed on your MAC (with OS X too), Pkunk, such as Audible, Premiere, and CS, of course ... but they aren't worth a damn on Linux.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast