Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software License

Default Software License

Every time I open up CW Designer I have to register. I even have the license file and pointed to it, and it looks like it goes through okay because when i hit 'finish' Designer opens up, but next time i run it I have to do it all over again.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Aaron B; 01-15-2012 at 07:46 PM.

First would ask what operation system are you running Mac or Windows, and if windows what version, Win 7, XP, etc.

I have Windows 7 system

Try this:
    Move the license file into the Carvewright folder
    Then in designer, go the the help tab, click on manage licenses, then click on import license file.
    Select the license mpl file. When you are done you should get a message: "License file imported successfully".
    If it doesn't work after this, I recommend calling LHR/Carvewright Tuesday and speaking with Tech support
    Last edited by chief2007; 01-16-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief2007 View Post
    First would ask what operation system are you running Mac or Windows, and if windows what version, Win 7, XP, etc.

I have Windows 7 system

Try this:
    Move the license file into the Carvewright folder
    Then in designer, go the the help tab, click on manage licenses, then click on import license file.
    Select the license mpl file. When you are done you should get a message: "License file imported successfully".
    If it doesn't work after this, I recommend calling LHT/Carvewright Tuesday and speaking with Tech support
    Yes, it was a Win7 machine,

Tried those steps and it still wanted me to register when I tried to open it back up.
    guess I will have to call Tuesday after I get home.

Try going to the carvewright website and downloading your license again, and see it that works, down load it to the carvewright folder - don't change the name and if it wants to overwrite the old file do so.

Quote Originally Posted by chief2007 View Post
    Try going to the carvewright website and downloading your license again, and see it that works, down load it to the carvewright folder - don't change the name and if it wants to overwrite the old file do so.
    the license file I am using now I downloaded from the site, BUT I couldn't save it directly to the CW folder, my system said I needed permission, but I am the only user and admin on it so I am not sure what to do about that. I had to save it to another location and then copy it into the CW folder when I first did it.

I did searches for the 'can't save where I want to' issue for Win7 and it looks like a lot of people have the issue, I don't believe its a UAC issue.

I had to save it to another location and then copy it into the CW folder when I first did it.
    Mac's do not understand the consept of two files named the same but windows can, however You could need to delete ALL your old lic files completely "do a search" then like Chief said try to download/update one more time you could even try starting Designer in admin mode.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 01-16-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron B View Post
    the license file I am using now I downloaded from the site, BUT I couldn't save it directly to the CW folder, my system said I needed permission, but I am the only user and admin on it so I am not sure what to do about that. I had to save it to another location and then copy it into the CW folder when I first did it.

I did searches for the 'can't save where I want to' issue for Win7 and it looks like a lot of people have the issue, I don't believe its a UAC issue.
    LHR usually directs the W-7 users to sign on using their Admin access. This assures that the CW files go to the proper place on your PC. There is no charge for LHR to assist you through this process. Just call LHR, while at your computer. They are open today!!!
    AskBud
    Last edited by AskBud; 01-16-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

We are open today!!!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I don't believe its a UAC issue.
    I think like a TSA issue of two protected files...

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    LHR usually directs the W-7 users to sign on using their Admin access. This assures that the CW files go to the proper place on your PC. There is no charge for LHR to assist you through this process. Just call LHR, while at your computer. They are open today!!!
    AskBud
    I'll give them a call when I get home, I am always logged on as Admin, so I am not sure why it wouldn't let me save in a particular spot, but maybe LHR can help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast