Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where Have Our Active Members Gone

Sorry to hear about your health issues, they do crop up as time goes by,
    We're glad you feel well enough to check in on the Forum.

Take care of yourself -- our thoughts and prayers will be with you.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Thank You Ken
    Gimme Steam.

Getting old can be a pain- literally. As ken said, out thoughts and prayers are with you. As for me, I get here as often as I can to view or to comment when it can be helpful. I also tell my Start U contacts to use the forum. But if you were to track the older visits category, they were probably mostly about the QC, no longer a problem. Now the biggest problem showing up is the Y gear box bearings. But that is only every 250 to 300 hrs. Could a feature be added to move the Y truck to the center for cleaning be added so we don't have to push it? That might help this problem.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

I have the most hours on my machine not running a project but finding the edge or length you know CHECK BOARD SENSOR ,,,After cleaning and taking the thing apart and cleaning and doing the white paper test for 4 years the solution was sugested by one our members to take off the lense cover and run without it..THIS WORKS

denny
    Last edited by dcalvin4; 01-13-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: because i can

I know times are tuff, and health can play a roll on getting some carving done, but as for checking in with our family here on the forum I just couldn't do with out myself. I was down for months after getting ran over by a jeep, but I still got on line and checked in. I"m glad you seen the same thing Ken, I was just thinking it was just me and thinking there are a lot of regulars not checking in anymore. Sorry I can't answer the question as to where they are at, but hopefully they'll show back up.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I am thankful for all those old ‘active members’ that have shared their questions, wisdom, patterns and mpcs! I have been sifting through all those old posts for 2 months now… I still learn something new every day. I have carved over 20 projects already – with plenty more ‘in the hopper’. Is this obsession going to taper off? I’m afraid I have become a carvaholic… I’m just thinking that new members will become more active as others drop off. LG –Thanks for sharing what this machine can really create!

7. Default

Well I'm guilty of moving off the CW to work more with the CNC I built in my garage. The CW is gathering dust. Nothing wrong with it, just needed a machine with more capacity and flexibility.
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

I'm with Pratyeka move off the CW onto Shark and now in the process of building a 5 axis unit. The CW was good to start with but now seems rather limited in it's function. Still have the CW set-up, but I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to use it..

What constiptues a active member.

All donations of CW machines are very welcome for those that no longer have use for them!

Quote Originally Posted by sk8nmike View Post
    I'm with Pratyeka move off the CW onto Shark and now in the process of building a 5 axis unit. The CW was good to start with but now seems rather limited in it's function. Still have the CW set-up, but I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to use it..
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast