Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Making Rotary Patterns

Floyd is right Ed did not renew his contract with LHR. You will need to contact him through PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

2. Default

Ed how do you get the display the way the rotary pattern looks like after it is carved (like the third image). Also does the two rail sweep carve in the round I am thinking about the software and the two rail sweep looks easier for me Thanks Bert

Bert you can not using the 3d suite. That came from the Moi3d, after importing into designer.
    Designer will only give you the first two images. It all comes down to knowing what the profile will look like from doing many lathe profile, and 3d modeling.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

4. Default

Thanks for the info Eddie. I am trying out the software before i buy it. Was wondering on the sweep window what does the red line and green line represent. Also can the bottom window grid be sized or does it default to its own.Other than the great video ,can"t find any written doc.
    Does any thing change when using full version after Demo Version? Thanks again Bert

Michael has some videos with this information in it. As for docs, none that I know of, and to demo to full version, I do not own the software, but believe it is the same. Full will allow you to save the files.
    Look for carvewright 3d suite on youtube for other videos.

For sizing, the windows can not be sized, but you can zoom in using the wheel on the mouse.

Eddie

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567