Thread: CALLING MAC USERS - Reinstalling Designer on a new MAC.. some questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CALLING MAC USERS - Reinstalling Designer on a new MAC.. some questions

I searched the forum and the help files and wasn't able to locate any info specific to moving Carvewright software over to a new MAC so I've emailed support but sometimes it's just faster to get an answer from the community.

Do any of the Mac users have some advice on installing Designer plus all your add-ons and licenses onto a new Mac? I am thinking that a fresh install of the app is the right way to go but I'm not sure how that affects my license to use the software and any of my purchased patterns and add-ons. I also wonder if just copying the Application over from the old Mac to the new one is better.... not doing anything until I get some advice on this.

Thanks in advance!
    Ton80

OK. I ended up reading some of the threads about reinstalling and I decided to just try a clean install on the new Mac and see what happened. Everything worked fine because I still had one license permission left so I was able to install and activate all my licenses already purchased. I'll call CS and have them deactivate the old Mac once I have made the complete transition over to the new one.

Sorry for the double posts... maybe a mod can delete the other one?

Ton80