Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flush mounting speakers

Default Flush mounting speakers

Can the design software make the cutout, flush mount, and drill the mounting holes for this speaker?
    http://www.tymphany.com/datasheet/printview.php?id=12

Doing a little advertising, are we?

Edited: Apprarently you didn't intend this for advertising purposes and thus I have to apologize for the mistake on my part. I guess it seemed so simple a task and threads and examples of what the machine would establish that if it's just to mount the speaker that it appeared not to be a legit question. Once again I apologize for being mistaken and the comment.

Bob Hill

sendler, the machine can do this with ease, and adjust for to the assorted sizes of speakers that you might use.

4. Default

Like This?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails speaker_cutout_534.jpg  

Default That's a start

I was able to get that far with the trial software but some of the drivers that I would want to use have flats on two or four sides and the mounting holes aren't evenly spaced around the circumference. The cut out would be circular though unless I was dealing with a ribbon tweeter which is rectangular with rounded corners ect. I appreciate your feedback as I am trying to get an idea of the capabilities of the Carvewright before purchasing one, only to find out that it's software can't do the cad layouts that I need. Follow the link and scroll down to see the technical drawing for an example of what I am trying to do.
    http://www.tymphany.com/datasheet/printview.php?id=12

6. Default

Try this file and see if its what you are looking for.
    I played around with the make spline tool and the change form tool to get the outside rad. I started with a square to get the shape.
    Looks like you will need more info on the screw hole placement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails speaker2_751.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sendler, its good to see another Audio guy here! I plan on using my Carvewright in the future for a DIY speaker project, I plan on making the Wilson Watt Puppy clones. I thought this machine would be perfect for speaker building. You ever hang out over at the HTguide?
    Most folks are afraid of heights, me I fear width.

Quote Originally Posted by bassnaholic
    Try this file and see if its what you are looking for.
    I played around with the make spline tool and the change form tool to get the outside rad. I started with a square to get the shape.
    Looks like you will need more info on the screw hole placement.
    If you want to post a Carvewright file it is not a JPG but the mpc file(the one you get when you 'save as'. Then anyone of us can open it, & work with it or evaluate it.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

9. Default

[/quote]If you want to post a Carvewright file it is not a JPG but the mpc file(the one you get when you 'save as'. Then anyone of us can open it, & work with it or evaluate it

actually there are both files there Jpeg and MPC

Sorry, I guess I didn't scroll down far enough.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast