Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project, cribbage board table

1. Default Project, cribbage board table

Christmas eve morning I get a couple of calls. One was for a project order to be shipped to Michigan. The other, Craigslist ad customer orders 3 projects. When she shows up later at my shop to pay she sees the crib board table and starts to chew me out for not having it advertised. "if you had advertised that you wouldn't be able to keep up with the orders!". I tried to explain that it was a prototype that I had just built on a whim. She wanted it and bought it on the spot so now I am building another one. This is available (or will be shortly) on my website as a project complete with the old mill stream pattern, etc. Simple build. Two hours carve and an hour assembly and finish and the wood was about $12. I sold this one for $90 so I guess I'll stick with that price unless they want walnut or cherry, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cribtable.jpg  
    Last edited by TerryT; 12-25-2011 at 07:55 PM.

2. Default

Very nice table Terry ... congrats on a homerun.

very nice Terry,
    Looked at your site and couldn't find the project.

will you be offering it with and with out the pattern?

Terry when you sell your cribbage boards do include the pins?

If so do you custom make them to match the wood?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jaustin View Post
    very nice Terry,

Hi John,
    It will be there shortly. The cost is $20 for the project. That includes the MPC's, instructions (this is what slows things down) and patterns, etc.

I do supplly the pegs with myl retail sales. I buy them in bulk and then stain them Black, Red and white. Six pegs with each board. We will offer it with the pattern only, however, you will be able to change the pattern and put whatever you like in it's place.
    Last edited by TerryT; 12-25-2011 at 07:52 PM.

5. Default

Thanks Jason,
    I value your opinion very much.

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

That is a very unique item and I love your details. Thanks for sharing and having this mpc available to us!
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

7. Default

Terry, If you want any other ideas for a cribbage board I can send you a prototype of the one my uncle made me a long time ago. I may want you to remake it if possible. Please email me at leffewjon@gmail.com. Thanks, Jon Leffew

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jaustin View Post
    very nice Terry,

It is available now John, It is under "Projects" on our website.

9. Default

Was looking at this project on your site...I see you said it takes a couple hours carving..???? Are you carving at normal/best/optimal ??? Just curious if you carve less quality and take more time sanding/finishing or if it comes off the machine pretty well ready to go. Have almost 100 hours on my machine and am still sorting out what needs to be carved at better quality.
    Thanks,
    Brad

10. Default

Hi Brad,
    The only two settings I use are "BEST" and "OPIMAL". I carve 98% on the Best setting. For special projects I will carve on Optimal. I use walnut, cherry, aeromatic cedar, hard maple and one or two others that require the least amount of sanding and hold the best detail. I think I have about 1100 hours on my first machine and 400 to 600 on my B machine. The odometer doesn't work on that one so I can only guess. I use dental picks and carbide and diamond cutters with a dremel tool to touch up the rough areas and then sand (as little as possible).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast