Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: multi error messages

Default multi error messages

hello, i recently installed the carve tight and the 907 upgrade package and have went thru the guide several times and everything looks good. but now when i try to run a project it comes up with a poss board removal error or please close cover or y axis stall. i never had any of these before i made the upgrade but im not sure what i could have done wrong. i talked to cw and they had me check a few things but they ended up being puzzeled they are supposed to call me back but havent done it yet. hopfully someone has some ideas . thank you

So with SO many Errors.... Lets look at the Basics first.... You got a new 14 pin cable to replace your old 18 pin cable and you got circuit boards for both ends and you DID change them.... Because plugging in a new wider 14 pin cable with a old 18 pin circuit boards will short out the system..... Look at my pictures and make sure you have 14 pin boards on both ends.... and you used the new 14 pin cable.

The flat FFC Cable can be installed 180 degrees out.... AS in rolling it length wise.... The Contacts are only on ONE side.... It is possible to put the cable in with the PLASTIC SIDE in the Contact Side of the Socket.....

And the Close Cover..... Well... The Plug for the left cover switch should be installed with the white wire toward the center of the machine.... Installing it 180 degrees out, and YES YOU CAN.... I DID..... Gives you Close cover all the time....

Look at the last picture... If the Exposed Contacts on the end of the folded over FFC Cable are UP..... Then that is part of the problem....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06655_WEB.jpg   DSC06657_WEB.jpg   DSC06680_WEB.jpg   DSC06680a_WEB.jpg  

DSC06690_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-18-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks for the reply. I have already double checked these items while on the phone with cw and everything checked out ok.

Then I would have them send you another package and replace one part at a time...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Quote Originally Posted by c_mjenkins View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I have already double checked these items while on the phone with cw and everything checked out ok.
    Perhaps you should review your steps and TRIPLE check everything using Al's great advice as a knowledgable and experienced guide. I'll bet you'll get 'er going without having to order any new parts.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I did get the "Dissmissed"... Feeline.... Sad for the Matag Repairman this time of year..... Waiting for the Phone to Ring.... Polishing my Screwdriver.... Dusting my Socket Set.... Checking the Phone to be sure it was still connected.... Sad.....

LOL.... I crack myself up......

Yes, I bet it is something overlooked... It could be possible that a old 18 pin Board got mixed up in a 14 pin Board Storage Bin at LHR and shipped with the kit.... And since it came from LHR it MUST be good.... People make errors.... The Pictures are the best bet. I speak "Circuit Board" having made a few projects from scratch in my time.... So if you don't speak "Circuit Board" then it is possible to get a wrong part... And the FFC Cable WILL fit in a 18 pin Socket.... but it will SHORT OUT the computer and power supply with it's thicker, wider flat cable pins.

AL Who....
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-19-2011 at 01:50 PM.

AL,

I think you should start charging for Tech Support...your advice, insight and photo-documentation has helped a ton of folks. I bet you've saved a bunch of us several thousand cumulative dollars. Maybe you could get a 900-number.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

8. Default

A 900 number? Would we all have to breath funny when we called him? LOL....

Lol Al does have the voice for it! One thing I am sure you were asked, but are you running the latest software? I wouldn't be surprised once it gets going it will carve off center!

Ike

Well... My 900 number... That is a Hoot.... I have thought of making my repair advice into a PDF with pictures that lets me just pick the problem and post the PDF... LHR does have a really GREAT Troubleshooting Guide..... And Parts List....

As of today I have a grand total of $12.65 in my checking.... I have $2.5K out in Invoices.... The Money would be Good... But I do this for FUN..... I pick up a $550.00 check tomorrow so I am Good.

I am on a break as a High School buddy who is the County EMA asked me to make some Accountability Tags for his 4 Year Old Grandson... Fire Trucks are his big interest.... So the Press is warming up and I will deliver 8 tomorrow... 1 to KEEP and show Other Fire Fighters..... And 7 to send along.... My Website on the back along with my QR Code..... Could Generate a FUTURE Order.... Going to Gobleville FD in VA....

Let me see if a PDF will attach.....

AL Who... Ho Ho Ho....

Hey... That WORKED... Cool.... Back to Work... As my Buddy said... A New Product Line... Noveltie Accountability Tags... Lots of Kids interested in FIRE TRUCKS... and If I did them as Samples.... They get out to Real Fireman.... And could produce a REAL ORDER.... REAL MONEY.... Very Cool..... Plus they look Great on a Book Bag.....

1 AM Update.... Tags are ready for Delivery and I am done for the night... Grandpa will be Happy...
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-20-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast