Thread: Heightmap depthmap and Sculptris

Default Heightmap depthmap and Sculptris

I wish this was out when I first got into modeling..lol would have saved me 600 bucks on Zbrush. I have made a quick video showing how to create a depthmap in the program Sculptris. Best part, Sculptris is free. You can download it at http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/ They also have a few good tutorials on how to use the program. The video I made shows how simple it is to create a depthmap from a model. I used a model I made in MOI for the example but it will work with any model you import into sculptris. The video is not a sculpting video at all - your on your own to learn sculptris - but remember you can alter or tweak sculpt away before you render your depthmap for import into Designer. Sculptris is like a mini version of zbrush and the pattern editor on steriods.

I don't use sculptris much at all just saw this feature and decided to share. The intial results of bringing into designer showed a lot of stepping...might have been my quick conversion as I usually don't import this way. Sculptris exports a very high quality tiff file which as you know designer won't import so you will have to convert the tiff in your photo editing software. The stl importer imports WAY cleaner but for those who don't have it, this is a great alternative.

John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

2. Default

John,

Thank you for the videos ... awesome work.