Thread: Trouble Finding Bits

1. Default Trouble Finding Bits

Quite often the last few days when I try to carve a project, it asks for a bit. For instance, it will ask for the 1/8" cutting bit. Bit inserted, carriage moves to the left, when it moves to the right for the touch paddle, it won't go far enough right to make the paddle come out all the way. I have tried cleaning everything, and it works about 25% of the time, the other 75% it says it can find the bit. Rinse and repeat, over and over. If I open the lid, the paddle moves freely, the carriage is free of debris, everything looks good. When it does work, no other issues, but it's frustrating that I have to do it sometimes 4 or 5 times before it finds the bit.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? Thanks.

A few things to check.

Cut motor wires are tucked clear back into the corner so that they do not hit the back of the Z motor as it travels to the bit plate. The is the most common reason after dirty Y rails and bearings.

Y belt tension not tight enough.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrospek View Post
    Quite often the last few days when I try to carve a project, it asks for a bit. For instance, it will ask for the 1/8" cutting bit. Bit inserted, carriage moves to the left, when it moves to the right for the touch paddle, it won't go far enough right to make the paddle come out all the way. I have tried cleaning everything, and it works about 25% of the time, the other 75% it says it can find the bit. Rinse and repeat, over and over. If I open the lid, the paddle moves freely, the carriage is free of debris, everything looks good. When it does work, no other issues, but it's frustrating that I have to do it sometimes 4 or 5 times before it finds the bit.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? Thanks.

Go to www.carvewright.com > Support > Search Support bar > Type "Bit Plate" (or other relevant key word)- follow the troubleshooting sheet.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

4. Default

Okay, will check those, thank you very much.

The bearings in the Y Gearbox go bad at about 250-300 cut hours and can contribute to this problem too.

2 - 685ZZ
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com