Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $20 to ship one bit?

1. Default

I wouldn't count on that either! My local lowes does not carry any of LHRs stuff. I ordered two memory cards from lowes.com at almost half the cost of LHR $52 and the shipping was free to the store. Unfortunatly there was only one card in the package when I got home, and it was shipped directly from LHR to my local lowes o_O So Connie, lowes is going to be calling you guys, just as aheads up.

Quote Originally Posted by northey87 View Post
    I wouldn't count on that either! My local lowes does not carry any of LHRs stuff. I ordered two memory cards from lowes.com at almost half the cost of LHR $52 and the shipping was free to the store. Unfortunatly there was only one card in the package when I got home, and it was shipped directly from LHR to my local lowes o_O So Connie, lowes is going to be calling you guys, just as aheads up.
    That's fine. I will pass them to Accounting, as I don't manage those orders. I'm sure they will get the second card out to you, no problem.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I wonder if lowes would price match the $999 price?
    get a 10% off price match plus zero interest.

Default Shipping

Here is a good about shipping. I live in Homer Alaska I bought two sets of plastic stop collers and one 1/16 carving bit from LHR the shipping was $43.13. SO I had it shipped to my son in Belfair Washington and he shipped it to me for $12.00 go figure.

Default Shipping.

So if a person orders a bit and some plastic collars and the total comes to $30...and shipping is $26. You're already paying for it twice. As for tracking, the USPS offers tracking. I think it usually costs me about $0.79 on the larger boxes. As a consumer, I think many people would opt to accept the risk of loss and pay $5.99 (with tracking) from USPS as opposed to $12 or even $26. Make the consumer accept the risk if they choose the USPS option. For those more inclined, UPS could still be an option too...Just a suggestion.

Default cutting bit special order at Lowe's

Thanks to all of you who have posted in the Forum, its a real help. Thanks to Connie too for sheparding us to buy our bits from Lowe's. At our local Lowe's, the sales rep was confused but as eager to please as a puppy. It took quite a few phone calls but the bits got ordered at about $27 each. If you are ordering bits from Lowe's for the first time, here are the numbers that you should have in hand when you go to Customer Service: CarveWright Vender Number is 89707, Product Line SOS138012, the 1/8th cutting bit for the Model C or CarveTight machine is BCT125P. Thanks to all of you.

How about the part number for the 3/16 th bit?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

compiling a list of all cw part numbers that can be ordered from lowes would be great, I spend several hours in two different lowes recently and was never able to get them to be able to order the cutting bit.

dave

Those bits would ship anywhere in the continental US for approx $3 via USPS. At least that's the price I get and I'm sure LHR moves more product than I do (since I move none).

Just my .02, very obvious overcharges like this do a lot to undermine customer feelings toward a company. You could ship these at $6, still make some $$ and not anger every single person who makes an order. People know what it costs to ship things. Just some food for thought, I hope it's taken in a constructive manner.

$12 minimum shipping and handling regular shipping. I understand, but that is what it is. Price doesn't go up till over 3 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 12-07-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast