Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Motor stall???

1. Default

Thanks for confirming that, I was thinking about JB weld earlier today. Since the other half of the housing is intacted it should hold up just fine.

2. Default

Okay, I am back up and running. I was able to JB weld the housing back together. The machine is currently air carving trying to recover a project.

The frustrating apart about this is that there less than 70 cut hours on the machine and I keep having breakdowns, this one being the latest. I take care of my machines, but this is getting really old.

3. Default

Ok, not up and running!!!! *&(#@*#@*&^!!!! Got through 3hrs of air carving, went to install the carving bit to finish the project and the motor won't start again! So I tore down the machine again, opened the motor and everything looks fine. All the wires and connections intacted. So I moved on to the X termination board, it was intacted, nothing broken that I can see. What is going wrong?
    Last edited by northey87; 11-28-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by northey87 View Post
    Ok, not up and running!!!! *&(#@*#@*&^!!!! Got through 3hrs of air carving, went to install the carving bit to finish the project and the motor won't start again! So I tore down the machine again, opened the motor and everything looks fine. All the wires and connections intacted. So I moved on to the X termination board, it was intacted, nothing broken that I can see. What is going wrong?
    That motor brush looked pretty worn down - maybe as simple as replacing the brushes (as long as you are certain that your connections are all good, that is). Hard to tell from the one photo whether the brushes really need replacing, though.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

5. Default

I wouldn't think that it would be the brushes, the one in the photo is only sticking out half way at least. There is about 1/2" of brush material left on both. But I don't have new brushes to confirm this or not.

6. Default

The right side safety switch would be my guess. It cuts power to the motor and they fail all the time. It is located on the right side of the cover.
    www.cncartguild.com patterns, projects, webinars, instant chat, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by ibewiggin View Post
    The right side safety switch would be my guess. It cuts power to the motor and they fail all the time. It is located on the right side of the cover.
    Great suggestion to check...although I do not agree they "fail all the time". I've never had to replace either of the door switches on either of my two machines...I HAVE had to blow them out with compressed air maybe 3 or 4 times in the last five years.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

8. Default

Nope already check it, both switches are working on the hood.

9. Default

Does this look right? everything is firmly attached, but are the burnt connections normal? or is the unit bad?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2453 (1024x683).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	285.5 KB 
ID:	49384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2454 (1024x683).jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	292.8 KB 
ID:	49385

Quote Originally Posted by northey87 View Post
    Does this look right? everything is firmly attached, but are the burnt connections normal? or is the unit bad?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2453 (1024x683).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	285.5 KB 
ID:	49384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2454 (1024x683).jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	292.8 KB 
ID:	49385
    That look burnt to me, I have new one here will take a pic and be righr back
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast