Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely Fed Up! Not working well with MAC LION OS - FIXED in V. 1.182

lynnfrwd,

That would make sense since it is a new operating system however only my MacBook Air runs on it, my desktop does not and there is no difference with it. Sounds to me like I just need to sell the Carvewright as I would not trade the best computer system in the world that I use 10 hours a day for something I would use for on average 10 hours a week. While Mac is not for everyone in my business you cannot live without it. I know Mac is not for everyone and the cost is much more, but if you you try one once pc's would be a thing of the past. My wife loves PC but when I look something up on it I get so mad with the way it works I want to just give it a toss. But in all fairness I feel the same way with my Mac when trying to do anything with Carvewright. But then again that is not Mac's fault.
    Rob

Have you uninstalled the program completely then reinstalled using the Mac installation instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

LOL... Steve Jobs and Wasniak was a pretty successful though. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    I think selling the carvewright is possibly your best alternative. As you commented, it's not for everyone!!

While I don't want to get into a Pi**ing contest about which computer is the best, I will just say this. I owned a computer business when Steve Jobs and Wasniak were still smoking pot in the back of their van just before they sold it so they could make PC boards in the garage. I used a mac in college simply because that was all they had. I certainly wouldn't buy one. After all, they ARE not for everyone.

4. Default

Yep, they were and the company still is.

Come on people. I've complained about this problem several times.

Lets not start a pissing contest about what is better, Mac or PC. Knock it off.
    -----------------------------
    To Connie - this should not be that hard to fix. It's a permissions issue. On Lion, these two preference files are not getting updated - the software is being denied access. Perhaps these files should be moved out of the system Library folder and into the User's Library folder?

/Library/Preferences/com.LHR Technologies.Board Editor.plist
    /Library/Preferences/com.LHR Technologies.Pattern Editor.plist

Registration info is stored in one or both of those files.
    -----------------------------
    To Rob,

If you are running Lion, then I can tell you how to temporarily "fix" the problem so that you can register your software (get it out of Demo mode) and License all of your patterns and projects, BUT you have to be familiar with the Terminal Program and know how to either copy/paste or type in a command that will allow you to run the Carvewright software as root.

You also have to be careful what you do while running the software as root because you can mess up the permissions on your own files.

If you are not running Lion then I'm at a loss because I had no problem with the software on either Leopard or Snow Leopard.

Kenny

There is a simple concept that is the root of the Purchased Pattern PROBLEM....

If I understand it correct you are trying to license a pattern to a DEMO Version of Designer.... That is the Root of the problem...

You must first solve the Registration Issues with the Mac THEN move forward and do the Licensing Process for each pattern.

And remember you bought a Hobby Grade CNC machine that does have limitations. Many like myself work within the limitations.

Before you start making Picture Frame Rails with the Machine you had better read the Tips and Tricks and fully understand the 7 inch rule of wood, Staying under the Rollers OR Not staying under the Rollers. And pay special attention to SLEDS and CARRIER Boards as it will be more cost effective to cut 4 Rails at a time rather than a thin single 8 footer.... And be sure you understand how designing a 4 inch dead area into the Sled to keep that end under the Rollers will make life simpler....

Get the USER problem solved and Read Tips and Tricks.... That will prevent posts like the art came out 1/2 size like it was "Scaled" and I can't lower the head of the machine, it just clicks.... We call them "Pilot Errors".... Flying before reading the Manual or Tips and Tricks.... WE all started out the same and had the same questions as new users and WE wrote Tips and Tricks as a Quick Start Guide for guys like you who have a Vision for the machine and want to make sawdust....

WELCOME and Good Luck,

AL Who - My phone number and email is on the bottom of my web page listed below. I can't help with Mac issues but with Machine Operation and Repair, I am only a phone call away... With over 6000 posts, I am good at Guessing.... LOL...
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-27-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Rob, if you'd settle down for a day or two and listen to the members here you will get it to work. I am one of the origonal Beta testers of the machine & the origonal Mac software tester. I has worked just fine for me since the first few weeks of bugs were worked out. LHR even had to buy a Mac to get the software working for us. I haven't moved to Lion yet because of other issues, but if you have a Mac with a licensed version of Designer installed that is running 10.5 or 10.6, call LHR and they will help you get it going. The machine will do what you want, just have the patience to get it going.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

As a point of comparison...

I just upgraded this laptop to Windows 7-64 so I'm going through the process of deciding what programs I really want to have installed on it. This evening I needed to reinstall a printed circuit board CAD/CAM program that has versions for PC and MAC. During the installation the program was asking me for a code number and I was not sure where to find it so I had to look on their forum for help. When searching for 'installation problems' I found several posts describing problems installing it on the new MAC Lion OS which sounded very similar to the problems the OP of this thread is facing. This particular software package costs about as much for a single license as the whole CarveWright machine.

The point is that when an operating system is changed it can have all sorts of affects on software packages. The folks writing the software likely will not know until the OS is released if there will be a problem or not. This means that it will take some time for some software packages to be updated to work with a new OS.

As some of you folks might know I work for a university and we have a good mix of PCs and MACs. History has shown that an update to either OS will produce some problem, somewhere. Neither OS is better/worse in this regard. In fact I can remember one update Apple released that broke Active Directory integration so bad that many MAC users on campus could not even log into their computers after the update was installed. No matter is your a MAC or PC it is important to know that both systems have problems now and then.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Keep what you have but get a laptop with windows just for the Carvewright.
    Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Schramm View Post
    ... I own 2 pc laptops but I do not use them as PC's to me SUCK!...ROB
    Rob,

Why not go ahead and install Designer on one of your two PC laptops so that you can use and enjoy your CarveWright immediately while you work out the problems you are having with your Mac? At least you won't have any down-time and can get some holiday projects accomplished.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast