Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Absolutely Fed Up! Not working well with MAC LION OS - FIXED in V. 1.182

Great, thanks for the replies all

For the record the fix was easier than deleting the files and re-entering the license codes. I simply moved these four files from the root-level Library directory:

/Library/Preferences/com.LHRTechnologies.BoardEditor.plist
    /Library/Preferences/com.LHRTechnologies.BoardEditor.plist.lockfile
    /Library/Preferences/com.LHRTechnologies.PatternEditor.plist
    /Library/Preferences/com.LHRTechnologies.PatternEditor.plist.lockfile

into my user Library:

/Users/leocp/Library/Preferences/com.LHR Technologies.Board Editor.plist
    /Users/leocp/Library/Preferences/com.LHR Technologies.Board Editor.plist.lockfile
    /Users/leocp/Library/Preferences/com.LHR Technologies.Pattern Editor.plist
    /Users/leocp/Library/Preferences/com.LHR Technologies.Pattern Editor.plist.lockfile

Designer worked immediately with no need to re-enter the licence codes. I then set the permissions on the /Library/Preferences back to their default settings.

For the record the fix was easier than deleting the files and re-entering the license codes. I simply moved these four files from the root-level Library directory:
    I am glad you fixed your issues by deleting the old files using the move command.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    I am glad you fixed your issues by deleting the old files using the move command.
    To my knowledge moving files in the Unix file system on which Mac OS X is based does not imply deletion. It just moves their location index number from one part of the location index table to another.

So in this case the reference to each file has moved from the /Library/Preferences position in the directory to the /Users/(me)/Library/Preferences position. The files themselves are in the same physical location on the drive and have been neither moved nor copied nor deleted.

Wow good work on that!
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 03-15-2012 at 05:03 PM.

To my knowledge moving files in the Unix file system on which Mac OS X is based does not imply deletion. It just moves their location index number from one part of the location index table to another.

So in this case the reference to each file has moved from the /Library/Preferences position in the directory to the /Users/(me)/Library/Preferences position. The files themselves are in the same physical location on the drive and have been neither moved nor copied nor deleted.
    The physical location of a file on a Hard Drive is unimportant (except for a few locations where the OS looks for the files it needs to boot from). The directories/folders we use is an entirely logical arrangement not a physical arrangement on the HD.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Instruments View Post
    Great, thanks for the replies all

/Library/Preferences/com.LHRTechnologies.BoardEditor.plist
    /Library/Preferences/com.LHRTechnologies.BoardEditor.plist.lockfile
    /Library/Preferences/com.LHRTechnologies.PatternEditor.plist
    /Library/Preferences/com.LHRTechnologies.PatternEditor.plist.lockfile

into my user Library:

/Users/leocp/Library/Preferences/com.LHR Technologies.Board Editor.plist
    /Users/leocp/Library/Preferences/com.LHR Technologies.Board Editor.plist.lockfile
    /Users/leocp/Library/Preferences/com.LHR Technologies.Pattern Editor.plist
    /Users/leocp/Library/Preferences/com.LHR Technologies.Pattern Editor.plist.lockfile

Designer worked immediately with no need to re-enter the licence codes. I then set the permissions on the /Library/Preferences back to their default settings.

Using this post as a guideline, this is the fix for updating a Mac to Lion and having the Carvewright software work properly? With the upcoming release of the new Mac OS this summer, I want to update to Lion ( finally ). I'm not real good with the inner workings of computers but this sounds like a very simple fix if that is all there is to it..

I'd recommend trying that fix before you upgrade your OS to Lion.

The latest version of Designer should still be able to see those files in your User/Library/Preferences directory and read your licence codes.

If you successfully move the files and Designer still works properly, then it should still work when you upgrade the OS to Lion.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Instruments View Post
    I'd recommend trying that fix before you upgrade your OS to Lion.

The latest version of Designer should still be able to see those files in your User/Library/Preferences directory and read your licence codes.

If you successfully move the files and Designer still works properly, then it should still work when you upgrade the OS to Lion.
    I updated to the latest version of Designer and moved the files you mentioned and it seems to be working fine. I was NOT able to find the two files that ended with ".lockfile" however. Should they exist on my mac?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234